Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I refer back to my license plate frame- "The Anti-Hummer". That's a funny photo though. An Insight with a glorified Suburban. An H2 isn't a Hummer- only the H1 is a true Hummer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know, but its close enough to a hummer. if you wanted a picture with a cavilier or a sunfire, i could do about 20 a day. stupid indiana.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the funny thing is:

i followed him to k-mart.

why would someone who owns a 50,000 dollar vehicle shop at k-mart?

correct me if i'm wrong on the price.

·
Registered
320 Posts
amplifiedmouse said:
the funny thing is:
why would someone who owns a 50,000 dollar vehicle shop at k-mart?
You don't need to be poor to shop at K-Mart. You just have to lack taste. This person bought a Hummer, after all...

Consider that after car payments and fuel payments, they might not have much money left for food or clothing. It's all a matter of priority.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just don't get hit by him on the way out of the parking lot, :D

BTW 2 funny notes, I once chatted with a Gal who owns an Excursion, You guys should have seen how she rolled her eyes and got into her car disgusted when i told her the milage i get with my Insight.

After all we have to drive defensivly more so because of huge trucks like that.

here's a thought for a license plate frame

SUV

Stupid Urban Vehicle

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Haha, gas was up to $2 a gallon here recently and people were starting to ger nervous over fuel prices. They actually launched an investigation to see if there was any price rigging going on or not. Well anyways, my mischivous side just about had a huge sticker made to put on the top of my rear window that said "GAS IS CHEAP!" so that all the SUV's behind me could see it, but i decided I didn't want to get keyed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah i'm surprised i haven't gotten keyed just for driving one, but most people respect the Insight.

Lets face it gas in never going to go back to 1.00 a gallon again.
I was in downtown L.A. a few months ago and was pleased with how easily i can squeese by all traffic.

A friend of mine spends 50 bucks a week on gas for his Saturn Vue which gets pretty good mileage for a SUV. However, with all the commuting he's really feeling it in the wallet. I bought the Insight cuz i knew beging a graphic designer, I'd end up commuting to a job. I only feel up once ever 10-14 days, 50 bucks a month for gas what a bargin.

G

·
0 Posts
joe4ska said:

SUV

Stupid Urban Vehicle
I prefer Socially Unacceptable Vehicle, myself.

Has anyone else noticed other drivers being more rude to them while driving your Insight as compared to other cars? It may just be my paranoia due to driving a brand new car.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I do suspect that some drivers regard Insight drivers as the 98-pound weaking getting bullied around in high school. At times, I have taken some pleasure at demonstrating the IMA has a lot more muscle than they were counting on.

I honestly believe that over the last five years there are simply more dangerous drivers on the road - period. Not just a threat to Insight drivers, but anyone on the road. Bad drivers that are more aggressive, distracted or both.

My 1988 CRX was totaled by a probable distracted driver in 2000 after nearly 250,000 miles. Since then I have been in four accidents in my Insight. The other driver always was judged at fault, but two of them might have been avoided by caution on my part. Three of them were subcompacts. The fourth was a senior couple driving a Ford Taraus at daybreak that failed to break in time.

Rude drivers come from all different backgrounds and all kind of vehicles. I still tend to think it's most frequently the young male, although there are many exceptions.

Recently I thread I started was closed because of the SUV-bashing. The board rules state not to do it. I'm more concerned with the mentality of some of the drivers that might crash into me, whatever they drive. They even blast in the three feet between be and a concrete median on a motorcycle getting up to 120 mph at rush hour.

I absoutely share your frustration. Within my first week, a cell phone driver can extremely close to sideswiping me. With all these towns hurting for money, I'd say make reckless drivers their cash cow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My business is next door to a gym (yeh, yeh I know nice view and all). I'm costantly blown away at how poorly these wealthy partons of the gym park their Bummers and Excrements. My littlle Insight barely takes up a whole spot and I always park next to a curb as close as posible so as to leave as much room to the other side as possible. Sure enough I look out and there will sit some behemoth parked crooked in the spot next to me with barely enough room for the driver to have squeezed out without dinging my car. Jeez, I'd be embarrassed if that was the best I could do to park something.

Anyone else noticed how the unused space of a parking spot your Insight doesn't take seems to be fair game for S.U.V.s?

AJ

·
Registered
82 Posts
el_vacho said:
joe4ska said:

SUV

Stupid Urban Vehicle
I prefer Socially Unacceptable Vehicle, myself.

Has anyone else noticed other drivers being more rude to them while driving your Insight as compared to other cars? It may just be my paranoia due to driving a brand new car.
Definitely!! People will intentionally speed up and blow past me on the interstate every single day...there seems to be no law enforcement around here.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well i've had my 2000 insight for 2 years now, I've actually changed my driving habits because of 2 reasons. Its more comfortible than the 95 Hyundai Accent i used to drive. And the mpg guage keeps me striving for better fuel economy.

My girlfriend drives an X-terra which as SUV's go is kinda average size. I've noticed when i do drive it There is a false sense of security from being higher off the ground than the drivers in front.

My theory is this, Your car can effect your driving style over time, SUV types feel more secure so they drive a bit more aggresively, and somtimes stupidly.

I believe that if all cars had a mpg display to show the driver what kind of mpg they are most drivers, even the absent minded ones, would drive a little slower to save a bit of cash at the pump.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts