Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm in a bit of a pickle, I'm a bit worried about my car being in a flood where I park my car behind the building on ground level. I have great insurance for my car, but I don't want my car to be damaged, (just in case) hurricane comes by tomorrow but I know we usually get a lot of flooding when they pass by. What can I do to prevent my car from being damaged in anyway. What is a kissy of things I can do to protect it. Usually I know some friends just disconnect the main battery for their cars, but I have an aftermarket alarm system on it and they don't have hybrids.

So yeah, what can I do to protect my car from everything since it's out in the open?

·
3,641 Posts
Drive it up into a parking garage upper level and Über home.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considered, but not a choice, I tried looking, but they're either too expensive or way too far. I honestly wish my apartment had a garage, I wouldn't worry about this.

·
3,641 Posts
More expensive than your insurance deductible and peace of mind???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, my insurance is fully covered, which is really nice, and at least I get rentals with it. I'm just going not worry now, I might just turn off the ima battery to be safe. Though I think it's waterproof either way.

·
3,641 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Well, my insurance is fully covered, which is really nice, and at least I get rentals with it. I'm just going not worry now, I might just turn off the ima battery to be safe. Though I think it's waterproof either way.
It's not at all waterproof. Turning off the IMA battery will do nothing to protect it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts