Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little problem.

When i use the climate control this winter the heat is on full blast all the time. Any temperature with the exception of the absolute coldest temp you can set it at it runs the heat full blast all the time. Even with econ on it will never autostop either. It will autostop when i turn the climate control off. I have ran the diagnostics on the HVAC system and it seemed normal but honestly the codes are hard to understand. I can get it to blow cold air if i set it to the absolute lowest temperature on heat, so i know the damper is moving. Has anyone ever had this problem, I have a feeling that its related to a temperature sensor inside or outside the car but not sure how to figure that out. I did hit a deer on the driver side fender if there happens to be a sensor in that area. Has anyone had this issue or have any experience with this.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,677 Posts
The ambient air temp sensor is supposed to be mounted in the center of the front bumper behind the front license plate. The wires for the sensor come out of the loom just behind/below the left head lamp. IIRC the wires are light green and pink. With all the work you did, be sure the sensor is still there and that the wires are not cut.

HTH,
Scott

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i bet the wires are cut or shorting out. The wire loom there was pretty mangled but was intact and the car drove fine so i figured it was ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts