Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(i know this isnt concerning insight's, but there is no forum for discussion of other, non-honda, hybrids...so if the mods need to move this to the correct form, please do, thanks)

long story short, i ride a motorcycle, and need a vehicle to get it around sometimes...i would like another hybrid if at all possible...hybrid SUVs are one choice, but AFAIK hybrids cant tow

so im wondering about hybrids pickup trucks? i could just put my bike in the bed and be off...

does anyone know anything about hybrid pickups? who might make em? what kind of load capacity they have? what kind of mileage they get? i did a search online and was only able to come up with the Chevy 1500 hybrid...are there any others out there?

(o, and if honda makes a hybrid ridgeline, which they wont, i will be the first to own it)

thanks in advance for any help :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Well, mods, this isn't about Insights or even hybrids either, so I don't know what you may want to do about this (just trying to answer my friend's question, that's all) ;)

How's about a full-electric pick-'m-up? :shock:

http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/

Just budget about Sixty Grand... and having to wait until early 2008 for one. But I have driven it, and it's very impressive... :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only problem with an electric truck is i plan on making trips of 200+ miles with the motorcycle in the back

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do you mean by "true hybrid"...are they still actually gas-electric? or something else they call "hybrid"...the main point, do they get better mileage than a standard gas pickup? maybe im better off going with a small diesel pickup...hmmm...

·
Registered
367 Posts
I read a post by a Chevy truck Hybrid owner who indicated his average mileage was around 17mpg which was slightly better than his previous truck. However, as he described it I think the truck was not gas/electric but was basically a gas engine with engine shutt off mode when the car was at a stoplight etc. . .

If this is true I think Chevy is being misleading calling it a Hybrid.
You can probably get some detailed information on the Edmunds website.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah..ya, i dont think chevy is the only company to mislead people by calling cars w/ auto stop "hybrids"...stupid :x

·
Registered
171 Posts
I thought the hybrid trucks that were out there were pretty large, you'd probably be better off (as fas as MPGs go) just getting a smaller truck, diesel wouldn't be a bad idea either I suppose. Sorry, I don't know a much about trucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts