Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning as I walked out of the gym, I almost tried to unlock a silver Insight that was not mine. :oops: Then on the way to work, a white Prius waved at me - wish he saw the website on the back of the car so he could join here. Then it turned out a co-worker has had a 2003 Prius and his wife is yearning for a 2004.

·
Registered
6 Posts
--

Sometimes I wish my HCH was more noticable.
Most of the time when I see an Insight or Prius I'd like to wave but likely be mistaken for a nut (Or not mistaken) :wink:

The other day I sighted an Insight driving through my tiny Georgia town.
This is like seeing an Insight on TV on the Andy Griffith show.
I was so suprised that I almost chased them down to see where they go.

You know I've always wanted an Insight but the family requirements is for 5 passengers.

I'm Soooooo envious of the Insight MPG capability!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: --

Hot Georgia 2004 said:
The other day I sighted an Insight driving through my tiny Georgia town.
Maybe it would not be so out of place it the Insight driver looked like the late Georgian DeForest Kelley dressed as Dr. "Bones" McCoy on Star Trek. Besides, he would prefer an Insight over "those blasted transporters". :D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I went to the Denver Auto Show this past weekend, and it was very interesting to see the number of people looking at the different cars. The Cadillac stand, which was huge, was almost deserted. Seriously, when we walked by there was ONE car with people looking at it, and the others were being ignored.

The Honda stand had a big display about the HAH with moderate attention, and also moderate attention paid to the HCH. I think maybe the problem there is that they don't look all that much different from the regular Hondas. There was no Insight...

But the Prius stand was swamped. Even the Toyota auto show bimbos said they were impressed by the interest in these cars. There seem to be three things that make it attractive. First, that 60 mpg city EPA estimate is very seductive. Second, the slightly oddball looks mean you can "make a statement" with your neighbors. Third, it has a LOT of room inside. With the high rear roof and the fully-folding seats, it's almost like a station wagon.

It's easy to see why people are attracted to the Prius...

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Yup, the Honda hybrids just blend in with the exception of the Insight. That is one reason why the Insight is still important for Honda as far as recognition that they have a hybrid program.

Got to hand credit to Toyota for the Prius. They took a chance with the styling and sunk a whole lot of cash into development.

I believe the new 2006 Civic will turn some heads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts