Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Madison. Took a few pic's and put them on the photo bucket site. you'll have to understand that I/m not a pro at this.

For those of you that could'nt make it, you missed a good time. Mabe we'll see you next year.

I hope that everybody there that took pic's post them some where, because I know that I missed a lot.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hybridfest

That is a LARGE picture of Mike's 5th wheel. He got a invitation to visit a R & D place in Chigao to day, so you will to wait untill he gets home to post the results. Or you can go to his web page about MIMA and all of the stuff he has done to his insight. Hope that this helps.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Re: Hybridfest

Frisch41 said:
That is a LARGE picture of Mike's 5th wheel. He got a invitation to visit a R & D place in Chigao to day, so you will to wait untill he gets home to post the results. Or you can go to his web page about MIMA and all of the stuff he has done to his insight. Hope that this helps.
Ah, I see. I have not been paying attention to the MIMA thread since it is HUGE and I'm not sure I have the time to read it...Guess I better make the time. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hybridfest-pic's

OK here goes. pic's 0009--0015,, hypermiler from WA, he got best of show,longest miles away & best mpg to fest.

Pic's 0025--0036,, are Mike's mima equipted insight.

The rest are just the ones that caught my eye.

I took some with ny cell, but will put them there later. The one of my dashboard was taken on the way back. Just got to love cell phone that take pic's while traveling.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hybridfest

The hypermiler's name is Bill Kinney. Go to the Hybridfest web site and click on the news coverage and it will tell you all about him,and their is even a film about about Hybridfest and you will see the whole parking lot.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Frisch41, thank you for the photo postings. In the Mod and Technical Issues Mike D. gives a quick rundown of the event. Looks as though Excel (Wayne) pegged the mpg's at 150 over the 20 miles :!: :!: :!: :!: using a borrowed Insight - does anyone know if they switched it over to litres/100km to find out what the real value was? I haven't seen any postings of the results of any of the events there - can anyone provide a link? JoeS.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
The scores are up.

A bit of explanation, we got lost 2-3 times during the race, and had to turn around to correct our course. It was also the first time I tried using the 5th wheel and the booster at the same time, and was a bit too many things to think about. I hope to integrate the 5th wheel and booster control into MIMA so I can just concentrate on driving.
And thats why there is another day. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts