Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the new owner of a 2001 silver insight 5spd/ac with 24,000 miles. I paid $10,500 for it which is all I had set aside. I figured I'd find one with around 70,000 to 80,000 miles so I am pretty excited. The first thing I noticed while driving it today is that the stereo system is pretty sucky. It seems to only have 2 speakers and they are of poor quality. I think I'll try upgrading the speakers first to see if that makes much of an improvement.

This site definitely helped me in making my decision to purchase.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to Insight-ness!

Sounds like you got a excellent deal, low miles & good price.

Now it's time to modify it and call it your own.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
My other cars all have had good stereos. as the stock stereos I never even had the tiniest itch to upgrade them. The Insight system gave me flashbacks to making my own stereo from bits and pieces of gum and wires with some paper cone speakers from Radio Shack, so I had to upgrade it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I certainly didn't purchase my insight for the stereo. It's been my experience that most manufacturers install stereo systems of reasonable quality (even "green" vehicles). In my humble uneducated opinion, the stereo system in my insight is below the quality of most cars currently being manufactured. Is it fixable? of course. I'm sure a pair of $50 aftermarket speakers will make a difference. It does make me wonder why Honda didn't upgrade the speakers to a reasonable level of quality in the first place.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
You are correct about the lower than normal quality compared to pretty much anything with four wheels out there today.

·
Registered
338 Posts
as much as we love our insights.....lets just admit it.....the stock stereo is a joke.....nuff said.....

:twisted:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Guess I must just be an old F--T cause I hardly ever have my system turned on,especially since all the back ground road noise makes listening to anything useless.When I want quality sound I prefer indoors with controlled accoustics not the Insight interior. :wink:
Dgate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts