Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TAKE THE PS FUSE OUT NOW!!!!!

just in my personal experience, of course:

taking the PS fuse out takes what as I describe as "overcompensating" away from highway driving. granted you need a little more muscle around town...but who DOESN'T need more muscle? (in fat *** america). :lol:

there are several spots on my commute on I-70 (50 miles) that are extremely beaten by semis (welcome to missouri). on ONE commute to and fro I WILL NEVER PUT THAT FUSE BACK IN!!!!

there are particular places that in tha past I avoided due to the extreme "wash and try to assume what you want" steering they cause. Power Steering fuse removed and the "over-reacting"......feels like my 88 CRX!!!! 8)

I love the new "REAL" feel of my Insight! The snow should be WAY better!!!!! :twisted:

Highly recommend for those that highway drive the majority of the time....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
until the dealership says "put it back" you can forget it......

it feels like the car is "tip-toeing" otherwise....

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I would advise against driving with the electric steering system unplugged. It was not designed to driven this way and damage to the system can result. Whether you believe it or not.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
While its good advice not to disable a system that the manufacturer designed and installed in any car and the Insight is _not_ designed to be driven without this minimal assist.

However, issues in regard to damage from lack of use of the EPS cannot as clearly be determined.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.