Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

So it's official--bought my pre-owned 2003 Insight CVT today. It took a few hours of negotiating (also for my Celica trade-in) and nearly blew up when I said I wanted my aftermarket CD player, but it's home and in the garage.

Hybrids are popular in the Pacific Northwest and I was so convinced they wouldn't make a deal with me, I didn't bother to clean out my car.

I've named it Mouse as it's the silver-grey one and the antenna to me looks like a tail.

All I need now are floor mats, Cooper Jones emblems and to get my stereo installed.

Oh yeah. And read through the 1" thick manual.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the "family".

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Jsanford:

___A fine welcome indeed. Besides reading the manual, might I suggest paying close attention to the game gauge for the first few thousand miles or so? The lesson it will teach you is easily worth thousands of $’s down the road ;)

___Don’t forget to post your tank over tank fuel economy over at Green Hybrid’s Real Hybrid Mileage Database once you get the hang of your little beauty as well.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3q4hl7bn][email protected][/email:3q4hl7bn]

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
"mouse", yes, I'm looking over at my computer mouse and thinking it will never look quite the same to me!

I've had my Insight for over two years and it still amazes me. Congradulations.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I guess you were convinced :wink:

jsanford said:
All I need now are floor mats, Cooper Jones emblems and to get my stereo installed....
OK, I'll ask (at considerable risk): Who's Cooper Jones?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cooper Jones...

Cooper Jones was a young bicycle racer in eastern Washington who was killed by a vehicle driven by someone who claims they didn't see him.

In Washington State, reflective plate labels can be purchased and legally placed on license plates with a pedestrian and bicycle emblem and the motto "Share the Road."

More info here:

http://www.baddlands.org/cooper_jones/jones.htm
http://www.bicyclealliance.org/mainpage ... emblem.htm

Message me privately for more details; WA isn't the only state to have this type of license plate campaign.

Obligatory Insight comments:

So today I drove 70 miles each way to my sister's. Didn't see any other Insights (other than my neighbors' red one in the garage) but many, many Priuses with temporaries in their windows. Since Toyota's '05s are in showrooms, a boat must have come in with a shipment a couple of weeks ago.

None waved back, but one '89-or-so 300Z tried to race me off the light at an intersection. That didn't happen ONCE in all the years with my Celica--weird!

MPG not really worth posting yet, I'm still learning the CVT, 2nd mode, etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It makes me laugh...

It makes me laugh, because a lot of people assume our little coupe is supposed to be a race car. A group of teenagers was checking mine out in the parking lot at Subway Sandwiches the other day, and the first question out of their mouths after "what kind of car is this?" was "how fast can it go?"...

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Well, if the race was "let's see which one goes farther without refuelling' I am sure he wan. Else ....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts