Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over a year ago, I put this site's URL on the back of my Insight. The reason should be obvious: people asking will be able to go where they can find answers to all their hybrid questions.

Had a couple of people asking if I get a commission for doing this. I just like to promote hybrids. I'm not against making money, however.

Last night talked with someone and clarified that the hybrids about to be released will be more mainstream and performance-oriented. Stressed it's not just an environmentalist's playtoy, but a better engine.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Delta_Flyer:

___I really don’t agree with the Hybrid’s that are coming out in the very near future for so many reasons but they do achieve better FE then their V6 counterparts. It seems like such a waste however.

___As for better ICE’s, they might have more power because they include larger displacements and larger IMA/HSD packs/systems but they do not include a better ICE imho :(

___Here are just a few examples … Same 2.3 L ICE in all 4 although the first three are hybridized with Atkinsonized intakes and include the PZEV HW. Very Similar frontal areas. The first three in the Hybrid list have lower Cd’s considering the ungainly P/U box in the second:

Ford Escape HEV vs. Ford Ranger P/U

___I applaud the purchase(s) given what they would be receiving in the non-hybridized V6 or I4 but it all goes back to driving technique(s), speeds, and setup I believe? That Ranger has less then 8,000 miles on her after all those tanks so it is not a break in issue.

___In the case of the Accord Hybrid (AH), I have a feeling that it will not achieve near what a hypermiler can achieve in the std. I4 either? In fact, I have my doubts that the AH can achieve the same FE with a hypermiler driving both! The I4 can be picked up in a PZEV format vs. the AH’s ULEV-II as well :(

Recommendations for a third car …

As an edit, added more inclusive links and cleaned up the grammar a bit.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3pkl81va][email protected][/email:3pkl81va]

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I probably would not swap my Insight for any of the newer hybrids either. If more mainstream vehicles have the hybrid option and the performance is better known, that's progress.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Porsche Hybrid?

Hi,

I recently read somewhere ( of course, I can't recall where..) that there might be a "Hybrid Porsche" in the works. Sounds a bit like an oxymoron. I also wouldn't swap my Insight for some other newer hybrid vehicle---unless--- it was a Hybrid Honda Civic CRX Si. Yes, a "green pocket rocket", now that would be neat!

Murasaki

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Porsche Hybrid?

murasaki said:
...I also wouldn't swap my Insight for some other newer hybrid vehicle---unless--- it was a Hybrid Honda Civic CRX Si...
That's what I wish Honda would do - offer the CRX si, CRS HF, CRX regular in hybrid versions. As far as I'm concerned, it would be the next generations of the Insight in everything but name - and a lot more mainstream.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts