Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...."calling about your order for your 2006 Insight, call us ASAP"

Oh, I was so excited, did they get one sooner??? I jumped on the phone and called my dealer and he said "Yes! Gotta talk to you about your insight order. You wanted the blue one, right? ........ Well, we can get an allocation for the silver in Jan for a Feb delivery, or the Blue in March for an April delivery...." :cry: Guess I will be waiting until April.

·
Registered
130 Posts
They should always say something about bad news when they leave the voice mail, so when you call you are assuming the worst and the reality doesn't seem as bad. :roll:

When they don't say anything your hopes automatically go up. :?

Sorry for your news, it will be worth the wait :!:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bpapa9013 said:
They should always say something about bad news when they leave the voice mail, so when you call you are assuming the worst and the reality doesn't seem as bad. :roll:

When they don't say anything your hopes automatically go up. :?

Sorry for your news, it will be worth the wait :!:
It will be worth the wait, but sheesh, I thought they had gotten me one sooner :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
get one while you can

Honda only sold 5 Insights in November 2004....and 60 in November 2005...YTD totals 575 and 624.......really rare cars,perhaps in the last year of production.....So if they only sold about 700 total last year,they probably are not gonna make real many in 2006......

I almost ordered a new one,then found a deal on a 2002 Red.

Good Luck....ask your dealer if they guarantee you will get a car in April.Sometimes they are known to later say.....something happened,and we can't dadadada....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: get one while you can

eastender43 said:
Good Luck....ask your dealer if they guarantee you will get a car in April.Sometimes they are known to later say.....something happened,and we can't dadadada....
How do i do this? THe dealer, who I have gotten my Civic from, seems pretty intense in getting me this car. he has even been faxing me little news articles about tax credits, etc. How do I ensure this?? I WANT MY INSIGHT!!!! I am willing to wait until April, but I would be so upset if i did not get one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
you are probably OK here,but

Ask your dealer what he thinks about the possibility of the MArch allocation drying up...evaporating....See if he is comfortable guaranteeing you a blue car ...Remind him of the situation ie....low numbers,last year,and if he is hesitant about it at all,get a silver one ASAP...

That being said,I think if the dealer guarantees a car in April,and the deal is in writing with no conditional clauses in the fine print,you are atleast 80% likely to get one......JMHO,I could be wrong.....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1st- my husband does not want me buying a used one. I lost that battle. End of story

2nd- should I call the dealer and ask them to put it in writing?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah in writing..

but be aware they usually have some "legalese" in there to cover the possibility of non delivery...."Circumstances beyond our control"....sorta like "In the interest of National Security".......

So yes,get it in writing,and just express your concerns about availability to the dealer,and see how they react....Ask them if there is any possibility of it not being delivered....."Does that ever happen?"....And make sure they are aware of the production status/numbers of this unique car...

Then check your sales contract carefully for conditional clauses....

I think you are probably just fine .....no worries......just cover all possibilities to insure success.....But don't lose sleep...You will LOVE your new blue Insight......

Personally,I like a Hi Vis color for very small low cars,but that leaves only RED....Drive with your lights on all the time.....

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
As long as the dealership has informed the Honda Factory sales rep it _should_ be a valid order.

Its possible that when the stop production decesion is finally made that a few (very few if any be the looks of it) could temporairly fall throught the cracks before the customer is notified.

The _tiny_ volume of the Insight requires production runs. And since this order volume is so small it appears that Honda is loath to produce any extra (and be "stuck" with them).

p.s. Sit tight merigayle. If you need some reassurance have the Honda Sales rep confirm your order. Not absolutely 100% fool proof, but as close as you can get. ;)

HTH! :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe they placed the order, because the first thing he said was that he could get me a silver one according to Honda and a Blue one for April/ March. I will touch base with him tomorrow or Friday when I get a chance during the day. I want my freakin' car!!!! lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
Blue Insight on the lot....

I drove by the dealer this afternoon, Tuesday and the Insight is there.

http://www.rustywallacehonda.com

:shock: It's a blue beauty!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He swears it is a 2006 Blue. Just talked to the man, it was already purchased, ready for delivery. So, now I need to figure out why I did not get one!!!!!!!!Thanks for the info. btw, I am a HUGE Rusty Wallace fan!

·
Registered
228 Posts
merigayle said:
btw, I am a HUGE Rusty Wallace fan!
If that was true you would have got the blue one and slapped some big, white 2's on the door. There's HUGE and then there's HUGE ! 8)

Year's ago we had a couple out here that ran a NASCAR t-shirt/diecast shop and had a black MGD #2 Thunderbird with gold-letter Goodyear Eagles and all the stickers. I don't know what they did when he switched to Miller Lite!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do have a Rusty Wallace license plate, does that count for anything???? :)
I called my Honda guy up and he said our region was not allocated until the spring. I am okay with that. With all the snow, ice, and salt on the roads, I can wait. I would not want to do that to a new car. However i plan on traveling back and forth to VA a lot in the winter/ spring for some running stuff i do, but i guess my Civic will do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts