Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, my partner and I took the Insight to Krogers and bought some wine and on our drive home I passed about three cops that were in a group that were about a mile from my apartment.

As soon as I passed them, one pulled out behind me and followed me. In the last 0.2 miles of my house, the road has lots of potholes that I always (and everyone else) drives slowly over and maneuvers around, so I did and he did too, and he didn't turn on his lights until I got right down to my apartment parking lot.

So I pulled off to the side wondering why he felt the need to follow me and pull me over. I wasn't speeding (the speed limit was 25 MPH and I was going 24) I don't have any lights out or anything…

So he shines this light in on my car, gets out and comes up to my window and asks for insurance and registration. I proceed to give it to him, he said he'd be right back. Well then another officer pulls up and starts asking me questions, like where am I going, where do I live, where am I coming from, if I had any illegal drugs in the car, or if I had any weapons. He even asked if my car was a rental car which kind of offended me.

I then said "Sir, I don't and cannot do any of that stuff. I do work for the FBI and have to report everything. I pulled out my badge and showed him and then he became a little more soft.

I then asked him why I was being pulled over and he said "I don't know, I'm not the officer that pulled you over, I'm just here to ask questions." So then he walked away. Then a lady officer came to the passenger side and was like "Did I give you a ride the other night?" and I was awkwardly like "Um, no. I don't even know you. I don't even talk to people here."

Then they all walked away, then the officer that pulled me over came back and handed me my license and said he was letting me off with a warning of (then he started to turn and walk away as he gave me the reason) so I couldn't make out what he even said which drives me even more nuts. It sounded like "improper display"? You could tell they were embarrassed actually.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Last night, my partner and I took the Insight to Krogers and bought some wine and on our drive home I passed about three cops that were in a group that were about a mile from my apartment.

As soon as I passed them, one pulled out behind me and followed me. In the last 0.2 miles of my house, the road has lots of potholes that I always (and everyone else) drives slowly over and maneuvers around, so I did and he did too, and he didn't turn on his lights until I got right down to my apartment parking lot.

So I pulled off to the side wondering why he felt the need to follow me and pull me over. I wasn't speeding (the speed limit was 25 MPH and I was going 24) I don't have any lights out or anything…

So he shines this light in on my car, gets out and comes up to my window and asks for insurance and registration. I proceed to give it to him, he said he'd be right back. Well then another officer pulls up and starts asking me questions, like where am I going, where do I live, where am I coming from, if I had any illegal drugs in the car, or if I had any weapons. He even asked if my car was a rental car which kind of offended me.

I then said "Sir, I don't and cannot do any of that stuff. I do work for the FBI and have to report everything. I pulled out my badge and showed him and then he became a little more soft.

I then asked him why I was being pulled over and he said "I don't know, I'm not the officer that pulled you over, I'm just here to ask questions." So then he walked away. Then a lady officer came to the passenger side and was like "Did I give you a ride the other night?" and I was awkwardly like "Um, no. I don't even know you. I don't even talk to people here."

Then they all walked away, then the officer that pulled me over came back and handed me my license and said he was letting me off with a warning of (then he started to turn and walk away as he gave me the reason) so I couldn't make out what he even said which drives me even more nuts. It sounded like "improper display"? You could tell they were embarrassed actually.

you're very lucky you had an FBI badge to essentially tell them to F off. (btw i need me one of those :p)

essentially that was a trap stop and they were just looking for something to charge you with.

Look at it from there perspective... they sit in a car for hours at a time with nothing to do and sometimes they'll pursue a car just on the chance that the person might have something to hide.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Cops are being transformed into a military service where everyone is presumed dangerous.

Please goto YouTube and watch the video Don't Talk To Police where a lawyer & detective explain how officers will use your cooperation against you. (In fact the Supreme Court just ruled citizens should shutup right from the first second, because all words can be used in court, even if you were not mirandized.)

I would have handed my ID (required by state law) but nothing else. I would have remained silent.

·
Registered
73 Posts
One night last year I was stopped in my neighborhood by a county officer. He was quite nice and had been responding to a house intrusion alarm in our subdivision. He said it looked like I was going too fast (speed limit is 25 mph) and I politely told him I wasn't and that I drive my hybrids for efficiency. I let him know that I was almost home and pointed to my house about a block away. We chatted some about the car (I was driving the CR-Z) and he couldn't get over the mileage. I told him to be safe and thanked him for looking out for us in the neighborhood. It was all very friendly and cordial. He was probably just curious about the CR-Z. LOL

On the plus side, Austin...
Maybe they stopped you to check out the handsome occupants of the Insight!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One night last year I was stopped in my neighborhood by a county officer. He was quite nice and had been responding to a house intrusion alarm in our subdivision. He said it looked like I was going too fast (speed limit is 25 mph) and I politely told him I wasn't and that I drive my hybrids for efficiency. I let him know that I was almost home and pointed to my house about a block away. We chatted some about the car (I was driving the CR-Z) and he couldn't get over the mileage. I told him to be safe and thanked him for looking out for us in the neighborhood. It was all very friendly and cordial. He was probably just curious about the CR-Z. LOL

On the plus side, Austin...
Maybe they stopped you to check out the handsome occupants of the Insight!
Haha, awwww, shucks! Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
You should of included your fbi id first. I got a dod one I use frequently in my lob and it cuts profiling and pesudo drug tests like this.

They are just trying to set you off if you are high or guilty and make you do something stupid.

A county police dept here in Richmond likes to tail you 2 ft from your bumper for 3 miles to watch you slip up, then pull you over for a stupid traffic infraction like failure to signal, rolling a stop, etc.

Depending on your role you should see if you can get the special license plate. Hell, see if you can get those nice red/blue lights too. :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
as a former criminal defense atty, and a rambunctious teen with a hot rod who often skirted the law, clamming up, or being a douche, will most assuredly buy you a ticket ... be cordial and answer questions, fess up if you were driving a little fast, and you can talk your way out of a ticket ... i have buddies on the nypd and its a thankless job with much discretion cooked into the system - you must game it to your advantage

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
+1, for some reason the cop thinks he has a right to pull you over and he maybe recording your conversation as well as video before he pulled you over.

I answer all questions after I pull way the hell over for them. When they ask do I know why I pulled you over, I say failure to signal sir. :D

Give them a cheaper offense than what you maybe pulled over for incase hes writing a ticket. In VA if you go 80 or above you can get arrested, reckless driving, vehicle impounded, license revoked, etc, etc, etc. If you are in that situation and the cop gives you a ticket for 79 in a 65 zone hes really doing you a favor. Or if any speeding ticket is less than you were really going, but I know guys who get all bent out of shape, refuse to sign the ticket, etc and it just goes down hill from there.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
It's all about the attitude of the person being stopped.

·
Registered
323 Posts
be cordial and answer questions, fess up if you were driving a little fast, and you can talk your way out of a ticket ... i have buddies on the nypd and its a thankless job with much discretion cooked into the system - you must game it to your advantage
Seriously?
Maybe 20 years ago but today they want an arrest or to generate revenue (tickets) You have heard of Stop and Frisk? Totally unconstitutional and done everyday in NY

Knowing you rights is more important today than ever before.

Secrets Police Don't Want You To Know

10 Rules for Dealing with Police (Full-Length)

·
Registered
323 Posts
alex jones? really? i'm talking about simple traffic stops and not 9-11 is an inside job
Just because it was on the Alex Jones channel doesn't mean the message isn't valid.
World Trade Center Building 7 Demolished on 9/11? | AE911Truth
or did World Trade Center building 7 (which wasn't hit by a airplane) fall by itself?

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/0...vs-govt-dupes/

New studies: ‘Conspiracy theorists’ sane; government dupes crazy, hostile

Recent studies by psychologists and social scientists in the US and UK suggest that contrary to mainstream media stereotypes, those labeled “conspiracy theorists” appear to be saner than those who accept the official versions of contested events.

The most recent study was published on July 8th by psychologists Michael J. Wood and Karen M. Douglas of the University of Kent (UK). Entitled “What about Building 7? A social psychological study of online discussion of 9/11 conspiracy theories,” the study compared “conspiracist” (pro-conspiracy theory) and “conventionalist” (anti-conspiracy) comments at news websites.

The authors were surprised to discover that it is now more conventional to leave so-called conspiracist comments than conventionalist ones: “Of the 2174 comments collected, 1459 were coded as conspiracist and 715 as conventionalist.” In other words, among people who comment on news articles, those who disbelieve government accounts of such events as 9/11 and the JFK assassination outnumber believers by more than two to one. That means it is the pro-conspiracy commenters who are expressing what is now the conventional wisdom, while the anti-conspiracy commenters are becoming a small, beleaguered minority.

Perhaps because their supposedly mainstream views no longer represent the majority, the anti-conspiracy commenters often displayed anger and hostility: “The research… showed that people who favoured the official account of 9/11 were generally more hostile when trying to persuade their rivals.”

Additionally, it turned out that the anti-conspiracy people were not only hostile, but fanatically attached to their own conspiracy theories as well. According to them, their own theory of 9/11 - a conspiracy theory holding that 19 Arabs, none of whom could fly planes with any proficiency, pulled off the crime of the century under the direction of a guy on dialysis in a cave in Afghanistan - was indisputably true. The so-called conspiracists, on the other hand, did not pretend to have a theory that completely explained the events of 9/11: “For people who think 9/11 was a government conspiracy, the focus is not on promoting a specific rival theory, but in trying to debunk the official account.”

In short, the new study by Wood and Douglas suggests that the negative stereotype of the conspiracy theorist - a hostile fanatic wedded to the truth of his own fringe theory - accurately describes the people who defend the official account of 9/11, not those who dispute it.

Additionally, the study found that so-called conspiracists discuss historical context (such as viewing the JFK assassination as a precedent for 9/11) more than anti-conspiracists. It also found that the so-called conspiracists to not like to be called “conspiracists” or “conspiracy theorists.”

Both of these findings are amplified in the new book Conspiracy Theory in America by political scientist Lance deHaven-Smith, published earlier this year by the University of Texas Press. Professor deHaven-Smith explains why people don’t like being called “conspiracy theorists”: The term was invented and put into wide circulation by the CIA to smear and defame people questioning the JFK assassination! “The CIA’s campaign to popularize the term ‘conspiracy theory’ and make conspiracy belief a target of ridicule and hostility must be credited, unfortunately, with being one of the most successful propaganda initiatives of all time.”

In other words, people who use the terms “conspiracy theory” and “conspiracy theorist” as an insult are doing so as the result of a well-documented, undisputed, historically-real conspiracy by the CIA to cover up the JFK assassination. That campaign, by the way, was completely illegal, and the CIA officers involved were criminals; the CIA is barred from all domestic activities, yet routinely breaks the law to conduct domestic operations ranging from propaganda to assassinations.

DeHaven-Smith also explains why those who doubt official explanations of high crimes are eager to discuss historical context. He points out that a very large number of conspiracy claims have turned out to be true, and that there appear to be strong relationships between many as-yet-unsolved “state crimes against democracy.” An obvious example is the link between the JFK and RFK assassinations, which both paved the way for presidencies that continued the Vietnam War. According to DeHaven-Smith, we should always discuss the “Kennedy assassinations” in the plural, because the two killings appear to have been aspects of the same larger crime.

Psychologist Laurie Manwell of the University of Guelph agrees that the CIA-designed “conspiracy theory” label impedes cognitive function. She points out, in an article published in American Behavioral Scientist (2010), that anti-conspiracy people are unable to think clearly about such apparent state crimes against democracy as 9/11 due to their inability to process information that conflicts with pre-existing belief.

In the same issue of ABS, University of Buffalo professor Steven Hoffman adds that anti-conspiracy people are typically prey to strong “confirmation bias” - that is, they seek out information that confirms their pre-existing beliefs, while using irrational mechanisms (such as the “conspiracy theory” label) to avoid conflicting information.

The extreme irrationality of those who attack “conspiracy theories” has been ably exposed by Communications professors Ginna Husting and Martin Orr of Boise State University. In a 2007 peer-reviewed article entitled “Dangerous Machinery: ‘Conspiracy Theorist’ as a Transpersonal Strategy of Exclusion,” they wrote:

“If I call you a conspiracy theorist, it matters little whether you have actually claimed that a conspiracy exists or whether you have simply raised an issue that I would rather avoid… By labeling you, I strategically exclude you from the sphere where public speech, debate, and conflict occur.”

But now, thanks to the internet, people who doubt official stories are no longer excluded from public conversation; the CIA’s 44-year-old campaign to stifle debate using the “conspiracy theory” smear is nearly worn-out. In academic studies, as in comments on news articles, pro-conspiracy voices are now more numerous - and more rational - than anti-conspiracy ones.

No wonder the anti-conspiracy people are sounding more and more like a bunch of hostile, paranoid cranks.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yikes.....I agree wholeheartedly

And I am sure that you believe that north Vietnam attacked us at the Bay of Tonkin and that James Clapper told the truth to Congress when he said that they do not keep ANY information on American Citizens and that we had not broken the Japanese codes BEFORE Pearl Harbor and that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and I bet you even believed that if you like your health plan you get to keep your health plan.

·
Administrator
10,628 Posts
General Debate

There is an area of the forum for this type of debate, and this thread has been moved to it.

Honda Insight Lounge

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
... be cordial and answer questions, fess up if you were driving a little fast, and you can talk your way out of a ticket ...
Admitting guilt is ALWAYS a bad idea. I have always been ticketed, even when just 5 over, and fully cooperated. (So I learned to shutup..... let the officer prove I did something wrong.... if he cannot, he has to let me go.) The Miranda warning does say you have the right to remain silent, so exercise it.

just another example of police getting more and more out of control. starting to think they are actually being trained in this way.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm so confused. How did my post go from talking about speeding tickets and getting pulled over which was my original story to talking about 9/11 and politics?!

Lets take that somewhere else guys!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm so confused. How did my post go from talking about speeding tickets and getting pulled over which was my original story to talking about 9/11 and politics?!

Lets take that somewhere else guys!
It took a wrong turn here
alex jones? really? i'm talking about simple traffic stops and not 9-11 is an inside job
Mr "tell the truth to the police and they will be nice to you and let you go" didn't like that one of my videos about "the police and what your rights really are" was hosted on the Alex Jones channel...... as if that had anything to do with the validity of the message at all.....and I always try to educate and enlighten the misguided fools of the world.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
10 Participants
Cobb
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing