Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear tire under the skirt of my car got a nail or something caught in it. So the tire is basically useless. My question is do I go on a search for the orginal tire or buy two new ones to but on the back.

I talked to the firestone dealer and he said if he can find one it would be close to $100 to put it on.

I really like goodyear tires anyways any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
$100 !!?!! for mount and balance. FORGET IT! (And _never go back!)

AFAIK in TN the going price is $8 - $10 ea mounted and computer balanced.

I ordered my OEM tires from TireRack.com

Bridgstone RE92 165/65-14

Listed @ $49.00 ea + shipping & installation

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp ... tenza+RE92

You can use other tires usually with a 5-8 MPG highway penalty, but a smoother ride!

HTH! :)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Costco $60 each mounnted balanced and road hazard warrantied.

If you like goodyears you can put a goodyear Integrity 175/65/14 on. It's a little bigger, but should only cost you 5mpg or so.

·
Registered
453 Posts
In the three years of my Insight I picked up three nails. More than any other car and more than all my cars in the past together. must be the little tires

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Yes, repair the tire.

Put that "red wire repair" thing with glue. It is easy and good for nails.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
If it makes any difference, I don't think it has anything to do with the tires. If anything the smaller tires cover less road square inches in their life of rolling and should pick up less.

In my previous car (now sitting idle) with big wide tires I got 3 in a row once including the 3rd in the brand new replacement tire for the one which had to be replaced.

I, so far, have driven 1/2 as many miles or close to it in Insights and not seen a single tire problem yet.

I think it is just luck (or bad luck really).

I don't think people should get the idea that Insights have more tire problems than any other cars. Probably less because most Insight drives take car to check them regularly and keep them inflated.

If you are thinking of an Insight, don't let any tire worries make you turn away!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts