Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve had the insight for one day and already had a race. My good friend showed up today after work to look at the insight. He has a 2004 civic hybred with cvt. We lined up twice and the insight smokes him. I pulled from the go and kept going. Mind you we didnt really break any laws, but the insight was way ahead. He was impressed.

Now Im taking his new all wjheel drive chevy van to the drag strip. Its a little project we just started since he got it last week end. It will be a turboed 5.3 in a month or so, since thats what I do, so tonight Ill get a base line, real world weight and Illl try reflashing the pcm . The pcm stuff Ill do is mostly for reliability at this point, the trans mostly, then ofcourse retune when I put the turbo on.

We might pick a night to take the hybreds to the track and race them together all night long just for kicks. Write on the back window something like " gas is 3.50 , the race cars are at home"

·
Registered
702 Posts
now race him in a MPG race...youll smoke him even more

and your insight IS the most aerodynamic production vehicle ever made...and is an extremely light 1800 lb aluminum body

so you want a real drag car? put a super powerful engine in the insight's body....its been done before...although i cant find the links to it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to th etrack last night with a real car.

Completely street driven 2000 camaro, turbo/ intercooled , 2.75 gears, on dot tires went 10.55 @131.8 with a DA of 4800 ft. It was the second fastest car there. The fastest was freinds turboed 68 camaro that went 10.20. Personally I prefer racing my hayabusa.

I ran the chevy full size van also. It went 17.5 and smoked a hummer in the process. The hummer went a 19.55. He actually thought it was gonna be race.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts