Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gray is basically the same, but the new blue looks good, and the DARK red looks awesome. I have a thing for dark colors. :lol:

Need job... want dark red Insight.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Is the red collor, red wine red or Ferrari red? :?
If it is bordeaux red it is great!

Greetz Windmill

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Uhh, thats still New Formula Red. They are also still using Silvertone Metallic. The only color change is from Monte Carlo Blue to Navy Blue Pearl. Granted the picture does make the red look darker, but it's the same paint code as before.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I feel:

(1) Stupid for not realizing it's the same red... Duh. (slaps self)

(2) Happy that I can buy that *same* red color used and save myself some money.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Pffff, I am not the only one thinking it is a new red :oops: . It should be nice if there was a little change in collors.
But you people (us) have blue, we don't :(

Greetz Windmill

G

·
0 Posts
I think the Quantum Grey and Grand Prix White, only available in Japan, look really slick. But then I can't think of a color that would make the Insight look bad. Except Beige. Oh, and Pink.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Citrus Yellow which was actually lime green was pretty bad.

(dons shield to protect self from green insight owners)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Citrus Yellow is the deffining color for the Insight. It was the color they used on all the concept cars and it was only used for the first production year. A very limited number of them were actually painted that color as well, if I had to guess, maybe 200 300 or so? And you could only get it in a 5 speed which is just how it seems the Insight is supposed to be. The color is just so ugly it's cute on the car. I will be considering citrus yellow when it comes time to repaint my car, which may be in the next few years. The rock chips are driving me nuts.

No worries of a flame from me, but come on, the color name is right there when you pull up the picture. I guess it's a mistake anyone could have made.

·
Registered
124 Posts
try some 3m film to protect from rock chips...it can go everywere and you cant tell its there unless you look

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The 3M invisabra stuff looks like (excuse the language) crap. From 20 feet maybe you can't see it, but it looks like one huge area of orange peel. I saw it applied to a Ferrari once and didn't realize it was on there until after I had commented "ohh my god, did maco paint this poor car." I did consider it until I had seen it on a car. And unfortunately it might work most places but I can guarantee it will yellow and peel after a summer here.

I think what I'm going to do is just repaint it once I get done with school and get a bra for it. I'll use it when I'm on the freeway. It's really not that bad, or at least the average person wouldn't think so, but I'm too much of a perfectionist. Besides, a good PPG base coat clear coat paint job would really make an Insight look drop dead gorgeous.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The front of my Insight got peppered with those decorative red lava rocks on the freeway. An entire bag fell off a semi and exploded right in front of my car. Talk about rock chips, can you say gouges. So, instead of having the front end repainted I smashed the front end and had it completly replaced. No more rock chips. :wink: just kidding, but both did happen in that order.

If there's a color I'd love to see in the U.S. it would be black. I wouldn't mind owning a blue Insight but Silver was all the dealership had when I bought mine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
black would be cool, how bout yellow...j/k
it'd be cool if they did a job like they're ad, w/ the silver and green leave flames on the front (maybe it was a prius), it was a really cool paint job.
i mainly think the 3m film is good for the quarter panel *thats the part of the lower door right?* , its already "orange peeled" on most cars anyway.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Are there no black Insights in the US ? I almost bought one but it was sold :evil: It looks indeed verry nice, the seets are, where it is in the citrus Insight also citrus, it is in the black Insight orange-red, it looks fantastic 8) to bad somebody was 24hrs on advance.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Here's my idea to make a silver Insight look a lot more unique. Two tone it, from the body line up paint it black. It would look nice, a pain to keep the swirls at bay on the black, but it would be very classy I think.

windmill, no black Insight's in the US, just silver, red, blue and the occasional green one. We also do not get white, which would probably be the best color to have for heat reasons here in the south west desert.

As far as orange peel, I'm not sure about your car, but mine has none. It *did* have it, but after a few times around with Meguiars Hand Polish it's all gone, my only issue now is the swirl marks that the dealerships left while the car was moved around before I got it.

Anyway, no one's done anything much with the paint on their Insight's as of yet have they? I know the one idiot "Nuke" on honda-acura.net painted his citrus one black from the body line up, but that poor car is ruined. I consider that ugly not nice. From this point right now I'm thinking my car's getting painted some time eventually. I'm not sure what I want to do exactly, but it will be different to say the least. A quick easy one though I'm thinking would be to just put a pearl red on it, the door sills could be left alone. Ok I'm done rambling.

·
Registered
295 Posts
stevo12886 said:
black would be cool....

[url="http://bilder.mobile.de/images/autos/525599/11111111127265088-4238-1066824450.bild"]http://bilder.mobile.de/images/autos/52 ... 24450.bild[/url]
If you want it.......it is for sale now!!! :wink:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts