Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My name is Keith and I am an MPGaholic. I have been for most of my adult life and to be honest, I DO NOT want to be cured! :D

I am new to this site and do not have an insight, but my Honda XRL650L currently gets 50-65 so I do know the joy of saving gas.

With my 2002 S-10 PU and scangauge II I can squeeze almost 30MPG at times but I need to tow and carry stuff so it is needed. I use the motorcycle most of the year anyway.

I am looking on ebay for a good insight but if anyone in Long Island NY would like to take me for a drive in theirs, I would pay for the gas. what could it cost me, 2 bucks? :lol:

Keith

·
Registered
56 Posts
Keith

Welcome to the sight. Your lofty goal of 100MPG is not only admirable, but is possible with a manual transmission Insight. There are only a few drivers in the world that have done it, but it is very possible. If you are really commited 150+MPG is possible. I have had 4 tanks at 100+MPG in my "normal" daily commute, and I was 1 of 6 drivers that set the world record distance on a single tank. We went 2254 miles on 13.7 gallons to average 164 MPG. The driving technique used in the world record (pulse & glide) is not compatible with "normal" driving, but it does demonstrate the capabilities of the Insight. I'm not in your neighborhood as I live in AZ, but I'm sure you can find someone close by to give you a ride. If you find yourself in the Phoenix area, look me up and I'll show you how to do it.....Louis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sno779 said:
Keith
I'm not in your neighborhood as I live in AZ, but I'm sure you can find someone close by to give you a ride. If you find yourself in the Phoenix area, look me up and I'll show you how to do it.....Louis
Thanks Louis, Now all I have to do is find an insight. I think I will call Honda and ask if they can make just one more for me. ;)

I am still looking on ebay, but that Hydrogen hybrid honda is saying they will have out for 2008 is looking interesting also.
*edit* blue auto on ebay shes a beauty. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=170084130331

I have this thing about silver cars, I will not own one. And every blue insight is a cvt! I will keep on looking, my insight is out there somehwere... ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you can get Honda to make you a new one, ask them to make one for me too.

The CVTs are good but you will take at least a 10 MPG hit.

About the color. There is a sign in Chewys restaurant that says "If we don't meet your standards, lower your standards". Really, if you find a nice one, just get it, regardless of what color it is, there arn't that many to chose from.....Louis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have located a 2006, blue, manual with 19000 miles for 19,995... :shock: 17-18 is the KBB price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sno779 said:
About the color. There is a sign in Chewys restaurant that says "If we don't meet your standards, lower your standards". Really, if you find a nice one, just get it, regardless of what color it is, there arn't that many to chose from.....Louis
I might do that on a date, but not for a car. :lol: I plan on having this a long time.
I am also checking around for a Civic GX. I have found a NG station nearbye which was easier then finding a car! Closest dealer to me that has one, Indio, CA, 2400.5 miles! :shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts