Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I traded in my 2001 with 85K miles on it on Friday and bought a truck. The reason being is that my wife also has an Insight and we are moving to a snowy region. We are also looking to add some little passengers if you know what I mean.

As I pulled away in my truck, watching my Insight fade away in the distance, I felt the same heartbreak felt when leaving loved ones. Its terrible, I can't stop pining for the light, road hugging feel of my baby. Besides that the guilt is killing me, what sort of environmental advocate would do such a thing? I've turned into a monster!

Ok now I need to take that guilt and use it to motivate me to find other ways to protect the environment. Maybe it is the push I need to get off the grid, go self-sustainable, organic and all that.

Fellow Insight owners, I'm here today to say: Don't ever forget how awesome your Insight is. Find ways to live with your baby and never give her up, for if you do, you'll regret it so.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Lethostigma,

I've had the same thing when I traded in my Honda civic '94 (my 1st Honda), for a Accord.
I felt verry bad about that, and I had that feeling for 8 months :cry: After 8 months I saw my Civic still for sale, at a honda dealer !!
Without a doubt I traded my Accord back for my old Civic !!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Now I have my (first) Honda Civic mothballed in my garage, and still no hard feelings to loose my Accord, cause I have an other baby: my Insight.
And she will have the same treathment as my first Honda :wink:
She is absolutely the best car I ever had and will have !!!!!!
Don't know what to buy after my Insight..........
Good luck with your new truck.....

Cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have never thought about that !
I'd miss the effortless engine start-ups.....the playing with the FCD-display, loading the battery again after them recals.
The tech-talk with interested pedestrians and the astonished faces of by-standers I would miss the most.

She's a pearl, our Insight ! :wink:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'd always swap a (Japanese) Civic for an (English) Accord.
:wink:

I've still got this strange feeling in my stomach when thinking back to the first British-built "Legend 2,5 V6" and the "Concerto"......

·
Registered
652 Posts
Windmill,
I have a 94 Civic VX that I can't stand to get rid of either. It has 235K miles and still hasn't needed any real repairs. I drive it in bad weather when the risk of damage is greater. Have fun, RIck

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Rick Reese:

___I have read a little about the Honda VX w/ Lean Burn and possibly an alternator that disengages when the 12 V system is topped off but I don’t even know what it looks like? Do you have a link to a premiere site where discussion of its attributes is located on the web? I am interested given it appears to be 1 generation back of the Insight’s magnificent ICE technology in some respects?

___Thanks in advance.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3lbvlant][email protected][/email:3lbvlant]

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
The VX looked just like any other Civic hatch back except that side moldings were not included and it had light weight alloy wheels. The engine was a Vtec design tuned for efficiency, producing about 89 BHP. The dealers couldn't sell them and Honda pulled the design. The few people who bought them have been getting Prius like mileage for 20 years! The CVCC Civic ( Controlled Vortex Combustion Chamber ) predated the VX and had lean burn technology.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The VX model was available between 1992 and 1995. It was the first appearance of the VTEC-E engine which is in the Insight which was about another 2K in price but gave 95 hp as opposed to 70 in the CX model and a EPA hwy rating of 57 compared to around 40 perhaps for the CX. Car and driver pulled a 650+ mile trip out of one in a review. I still have the article at home. The wheels are 165/70R13 and weight within a lb of the Insights. It was only slightly different that the regular Civic (Front air dam & slightly different front fenders). You could put side moldings on it but mine is the base car although I have thought about adding them. The alternator cycled with engine load just like our DC to DC converter does. Have fun, RIck

·
Registered
295 Posts
GreenHybrid said:
Haha, windmill. You bought your own car? I can't even fathom how much money you would have lost -- not to mention the obvious backstep. :D
I lost $1500,- and I loved to loose it !! 8) 8)
Love hurts :lol: :lol: :lol:
But it was for me no backstep, I just did'nt love big cars.

Cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
I hated to get rid of my first civic, I bought new in 84. but a diesel truck lost it's spare and it slaughtered the front of my civic and the place that repaired it didn't do a good job so I never felt the same about it. I sold it and got an Accord in 89 and still have it with 340000 on it. I also have the little VX civic, bought it used and get in the 50's with it still, and my best tank was 64.

Then there is my del sol, sitting there waiting for good weather. I can't stand to get rid of any of them, even with the addition of my wonderful INSIGHT. :D

·
Registered
700 Posts
I drove an '82 Mazda GLC (GLC "Sport"), which I bought it in '85, for 13 years. Left it on Guam.

It almost made it back home.

I still miss it to this day. I would buy it back if I found it. If there is anything left, that is...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Rick Reece said:
Windmill,
I have a 94 Civic VX that I can't stand to get rid of either. It has 235K miles and still hasn't needed any real repairs. I drive it in bad weather when the risk of damage is greater. Have fun, RIck
I do the same when the weather is to bad, or I have to go to a bad neighbourhood.
Good to know I am not the only one with the addicted carvirus, wich is between me and my wife..... :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts