Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm recommissioning 2, maybe 3, 1970's electric riding lawn tractors I've had laying around for a few years now. My goal is to avoid the breaking down gas hog 1970's ICE mower I'm currently using. Well to the point I just picked up a bunch of military surplus cells and need to bring them out of storage state with a certain charge cycle.

To do this I need a CC power supply capable of 0-2volts and 0-20amps. I can use my current 0-30v 0-3a supply, but it will take me a month to finish the cells I need just for testing the mowers, and another month to complete the rest. It'll be snowing again when I get the thing going. So what power supply companies does the IC community recommend? I'm looking for something cheap since after the cells are in I will be using the 36v 20amp on board charger.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Administrator
10,771 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flooded NiCad, 30aH SAFT BB600. They've been in storage for about 10 years, but are NOS and stored correctly so they should be just fine.

·
Administrator
10,771 Posts
Saft cells very nice.

The charging regime for those is well documented around the net.

You can buy some pretty cheap meaty 0-5v adjustable power supplies on e-bay that will probably meet your requirements.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Ebay has real and knock off meanwell power supplies of all range of inputs and outputs. They are stackable so you can have a high voltage or high amperage by paralleling them. Others you can parallel, but not stack in serial.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts