Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. I have a 2004 Insight with a CD player in the radio, instead of a cassette deck. I heard that Honda makes an adapter that allows an i Pod to be hooked into the radio. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks,
Nelson

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't know if the new Honda adapter works with the Insight stereo or not. However, there are plenty of aftermarket stereos that have aux inputs, and iPod adapters. I have a Kenwood Excelon X789 stereo, and the aux input makes the iPod sound pretty good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't have an iPod, but I do have an i-River MP3 player. I purchased a JVC CD/Stereo this summer that actually has the auxilliary input jack on the face. It works really well. JVC was the only brand I could find in this area that had the jack on the face.

Good luck!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I use my Ipod with the factory cassette player adaptor. You can pick up stock insight cassette radios real cheap on e-bay. Just a cheap option I figured I'd mention. I use the cd changer for cd's and it works really well. Hodakaguy

·
Registered
569 Posts
Insightful Trekker said:
Nice webpage Andrea :)

Needs _more_ Insight content though :!: :p
And, Insight Central should have been at the top of your link list, not third. I'm shocked :!: :wink:

·
Registered
125 Posts
apierpoint said:
I don't have an iPod, but I do have an i-River MP3 player. I purchased a JVC CD/Stereo this summer that actually has the auxilliary input jack on the face. It works really well. JVC was the only brand I could find in this area that had the jack on the face.

Good luck!
I bought that deck a few years ago for my Insight, for the same reason -- and it was the only one with the jack on the front.

Warning, though: the hinge mechanism on the front will eventually have the latch wear out, due to the weight of the patch-cord.

I now have to replace the deck, because the face will pop open at random intervals. There's no way I can plug my iPod in via the front anymore, the smallest bump causes it to open :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on my website! I need to update that "best tank" picture. That's an old one.

As for the face of the stereo, I don't think I'll have much problem. I don't use my mp3 player in town (too distracting!), so it's mostly for road trips, and I don't leave the cord in it much. Hopefully it will last at least a few years, and by then either the FM transmitters will have improved or they'll have altogether new technology. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I switched from an iTrip to a Kensington FM transmitter and iPod charge. The bass response is much better, and there's much less interference from competing freqencies. The fact it also charges up the iPod while you're driving is a bonus. I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
iPod Integration

I purchased a Neo ProLink (also known as the Neo iOn 2) to integrate my third generation iPod with my 2005 Insight. I installed it tonight. I was worried about running out of daylight, but it only took me 30 minutes (!), thanks in part to the simplicity of the Insight interior. The Neo is tucked in the dash behind the factory head unit, so there's no new fancy head unit to tempt thieves.

The sound is great, and the Neo allows full control using the iPod buttons, or track skip and volume control with the factory head unit. The head unit will not display track information, but since the iPod is alive you can just check the iPod screen. The iPod pauses when the head unit is turned off, such as when you park, and the iPod plays from right where it left off when the head unit is turned back on. The Neo also charges the iPod. Brilliant.

You can buy it through http://www.neocaraudio.com, or http://www.mp3yourcar.com, and you can use http://www.theistore.com if you need help identifying your iPod.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have an Alpine unit that is hooked up to my iPod (which lives in the glove box) and my Sirius. Both are controlled thru the Alpine unit which makes me happy that i do not have an iPod & sirius thing junking up my tiny car. And since everything is hidden, i do not have to worry about people seeing my iPod in the car, etc. Or worrying about stashing it everytime i get out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts