Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built an order totaling $1,062.07 at Majestic then by fluke used Honda Village Parts to rebuild the order and it was only $658.35

I'm now rebuilding an earlier order I did with Majestic that totaled 2300 bucks to see how much they stiffed me for over Honda Villages prices.

If it also comes out at almost 40% then they got me for 920 bucks which would have more than paid for this second order on a different car.:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
I built an order totaling $1,062.07 at Majestic then by fluke used Honda Village Parts to rebuild the order and it was only $658.35

I'm now rebuilding an earlier order I did with Majestic that totaled 2300 bucks to see how much they stiffed me for over Honda Villages prices.

If it also comes out at almost 40% then they got me for 920 bucks which would have more than paid for this second order on a different car.:mad:
Honda Village?

Newton Honda dealer in Newton Corner MA - New and Used Honda dealership Cambridge Watertown Waltham MA

I used the eparts store and was presented with outrageous prices.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Was it over the counter or online?

·
Super Moderator
6,900 Posts
I'm trying to experiment with their site, but it isn't nearly as user friendly as Majestics. If they allow access to the actual parts listings, I couldn't find it on the site. They seem to insist on a form requesting availability and price, which requires extra work to get a price. I have a request in now for a short list.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Yeah, I had a time one night making an order. One site would not take paypal, another would not sell me cvt fluid and ebay the fluid bottles looked different so I was worried of counterfeit or old stock. I ended up going to https://www.afhparts.com/ . For some small part I used the eparts section of my dealers website of colonial honda in richmond, va.

·
Super Moderator
6,900 Posts
I don't know what was in your parts list. My experience in pricing 4 items was exactly the opposite. Honda Village was 50-70% higher than Majestic. My "test" list consisted of EGR valve, cylinder head, headlight assy., and tail light assy.:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Yeah. I did a compressor for an HCH2, and it was $710 Village vs. $454 Majestic. Neither price includes field coil or clutch. Yeah. A/C w/auto-stop is friggin asspensive.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
maybe someone at majestic pissed him off and he's trying to bait and switch? :runaway:

·
Super Moderator
4,730 Posts
Or he works for Village.

Sam

·
Registered
86 Posts
CVT fluid

I picked up my fluid on amazon.com for about $100 with free shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts