Honda Insight Forum banner

2501 - 2520 of 2534 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Saw a white Insight at the Home Depot in Mantua NJ! Wish I could’ve stopped by to take pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cleetus McFarland! I think one of the "Boosted Boiz" owns that.

Seems lots of "car guys" grok the Insight. Another example is Rob Dahm, who when not building (or rebuilding) his three- and four-rotor high-power RX-7's is tooling around town in his red MT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvygy2IFfBI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1R6ct7eR-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl5XcrpVblM

The video of him teaching his girlfriend to drive the insight is really entertaining.

·
Registered
412 Posts
That citrus gets around. Saw him driving north on Halliday in Seaside, OR, at around 12:15 today. I think he had WA plates. I waved but he was busy talking and missed my silver G1.

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
The video of him teaching his girlfriend to drive the insight is really entertaining.
The second link where the guy ends up starting on the hill, he's rolling back too.
That hill is barely there and it's easy to hold the brake, release the clutch to the grab point so you can hear the engine getting a little thuddy, release the brake and the feather in the gas and ease off the clutch and you don't roll back at all, even without the IMA using our tiny engine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Down to 2 bars? Should probably start looking for a gas station, in about 75 miles from now.

Sounds like the car was struggling a bit to take off in 1st, even when he drove it. Something my mother would often say, "Anything, is easy, when you know how.". Give her a couple-three weeks of driving the Insight every single day, commuting to and from work in it, and I have little doubt that she'd be driving it like a pro. But the real issue here is, would she still be with him, if he DIDN'T own a Diabalo?

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
saw a red G1 driving south on Keystone in Indianapolis last week, and a Silver Insight driving north on Mount Juliet Road (Mount Juliet Tennessee) today.

·
Registered
554 Posts
If that isn't Peter, he probably knows the car if not the owner...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Spotted a blue, southbound on Custer and turning westbound to Park, in Plano, Texas, today, 2:50pm (I was in the red New Beetle convertible waving at you)...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Was test driving the blue insight that I bought, to replace the one destroyed by a hit and run stolen car. Drove right by another silver one, that was in the middle of a dispute over a small fender-bender.

There, I managed to include three insights, into one post!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I saw a blue G1 Insight in Janesville, Wisconsin driving north on Milton Ave. at the Kennedy intersection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was 1,335 miles into my drive from the FL Panhandle to Buffalo, NY when I spotted my first silver 1G in Erie, PA. That was the only 1G I saw on the entire 3200 mile trip! I was in my Ram 2500 though 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have two to report. July 14th, on Rt 7 in CT, a silver G1 heading north while I was in the 03 CVT heading south. Then on July 22nd, I pulled up next to another silver G1 on Columbus Ave in Hawthorne NY, I was in my 00 5 speed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My twin is back, parked two blocks from my house in La Crosse, WI. I think he lives around the corner, but they’re doing sidewalk work along Losey Blvd and his driveway is closed.

Nice little 5-speed Insight. Mine is parked in the rear.

- Park

·
Registered
10 Posts
Saw a blue insight this AM with New York plates driving on the Garden State Parkway North around the NY border. This was my first spotting since I got this car :)

2501 - 2520 of 2534 Posts
About this Discussion
2.5K Replies
527 Participants
boogetyboogety
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing