Honda Insight Forum banner

2541 - 2560 of 2585 Posts

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,718 Posts
Yesterday on my way to work in the morning I saw a blue G1 with a bike rack parked on the side of I-85 south near Cheshyre Bridge Rd in Atlanta. No one inside the car.

This evening after work I was at the QuikTrip on Lawrenceville Hwy east of I-285 and as I pulled out of the QT to head West I noticed in my mirror a car approaching from the East with a headlight pattern that looked similar to the G1. As I got going it caught up to me and I saw in my mirror it was a G1. The driver pulled along side me and it was the same blue one with the bike rack that I'd seen the previous day. I waved, but my windows are tinted and it was night so I don't know if he was able to see me, but he acknowledged me. Our paths diverged at the next traffic light. He had Georgia plates and an Apple sticker on the rear bumper.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I saw a Citrus Insight at the intersection of 16 and county road B in La Crosse, WI this morning. I saw the same car at the Habitat RE/Store over the summer. The back is covered with stickers. I don’t know if the owner is on this group, but I would sure like to meet another local Insight fan.

- Park
2E7135A5-8785-44F7-840B-4AB60D149055.jpeg

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am in Boulder, CO just now and saw a nice clean blue G1 parked behind the Boulder Depot restaurant, on at least two days last week. Anyone here?

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I am in Boulder, CO just now and saw a nice clean blue G1 parked behind the Boulder Depot restaurant, on at least two days last week. Anyone here?
You'll see my Citrus in Boulder CO next spring! I'll be traveling there from central Tennessee.

·
Registered
369 Posts
More like my Insight was seen...

On a 4-lane today, toddling along at 70mph. As 3 young guys in an older SUV pass me by, I look up to see them gawking and wave. They wave back, pull ahead, then drop back. I look in the side view and it looks like the front passenger is taking pictures. They pull back beside me, wave and smile again, and then go on their way.

Kind of fun. I wish the car would’ve been cleaner!

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
It IS fun when that happens. I get it a LOT with my boat tail.

Sam

·
Registered
319 Posts
I live in Portland Or. in Sellwood. I don’t leave the ”Wood” as we call it very much. Yet in just The Wood I see one of three different g1s every week or so. I don’t know any of the owners.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Saw a silver Insight in Austin on I35 that had a faded Parks and rec emblem on it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I saw a gray Honda Insight on TV. David spade movie – Dickie Robert Child star. The best part of the movie the car. Be cool - my bosses daughter and the watchmen are some more movies the car has been on.

wonder if they have all been on the same night consecutively .sometimes there will be three or four movies on with the enterprise 1701 or 4 movies on in a row with a big shark

I've. seen six movies in a row that had r2d2 an c3po in them so it could happen.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I saw a gray Honda Insight on TV. David spade movie – Dickie Robert Child star. The best part of the movie the car. Be cool - my bosses daughter and the watchmen are some more movies the car has been on.

wonder if they have all been on the same night consecutively .sometimes there will be three or four movies on with the enterprise 1701 or 4 movies on in a row with a big shark

I've. seen six movies in a row that had r2d2 an c3po in them so it could happen.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
got passed by a G1 Silver Insight today in Mount Juliet Tennessee. I was driving my E-Golf, so a wave or nod seemed out of place.

·
Super Moderator
1,769 Posts
I think I know that car. It’s not black primer. It’s a do it yourself truck bed liner.

Scott

·
Registered
2006 Red CVT Insight
37 Posts
Silver one on fwy spotted. Followed me off the exit to Costco. Dude honked and waived as soon as I got on the 101. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yesterday I saw a beautiful red Insight (probably the nicest one I've seen since i began paying attention 2 years ago) parked on Hollywood Blvd in Hollywood, FL. Today I saw a citrus Insight southbound on I-95 in the express lanes around the Dade/Broward county line. Strange, I usually go many months between seeing another Insight.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I spotted a silver 2004 Insight in Rochester NY. Broken rear bumper and missing a skirt. I wasn't driving my Insight and it was too cold outside to wait for the owner.
sadsilverinsight.jpg

2541 - 2560 of 2585 Posts