Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2534 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not entirely sure, but I read somewhere that there are approximately 344 Insights in Canada. However, our city bought 3 of them back in 2000 and tested them. Check it out here, it's short and interesting:

And I think I've only seen one of them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Last weekend I saw one around Williams Grove Speedway around Mechanicsburg PA. Car was red and owner flashed me (with the headlights :lol: ) and waved, I honked and waved. Kind of cool since it was a road out in the middle of nowhere for the most part.

I also saw a Blue early model Insight on Monday the 10th in Virginia and a Silver in Pemberton? NJ on the 11th.

In 2 weeks and 2600 miles across and 9 states those are the only ones I saw.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here in LA I see Prius's every day, but I doubt that I see more than one Insight a month. Statistically, that's about right, as there are at least 30 times as many Prius's out there as Insights. FWIW, I seldom see anybody in the back seats of those Prius's except for my neighbor down the street with 2 kids. But here in LA, having a relatively unique car is a feature, not a bug.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
I saw a silver one just like mine today, he followed me on 101 South, we went up the grade and as soon as we got to the top he passed me.

Was that anybody here?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
FIVE DAYS SANS INSIGHTS! Taking it easy in Winslow Arizona tonight (for real) but haven't seen one in days. Been in Sedona Arizona since Friday... Since we left CA, Prii sightings have plummeted (maybe 10-12 a day) and only a half-dozen HCHs. :cry:

·
Registered
26 Posts
boogetyboogety said:
Taking it easy in Winslow Arizona tonight (for real)...
hmm, somehow the lyrics just don't sound quite right:

It's a girl my lord
In a Honda Insight
slowing down to take a look at me

:lol:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I saw my local Insight "twin" again yesterday! I honked, again, and i think, again, he did not notice me. I feel so invisible. :(
So Mr. Blue Insight driving on rt23 yesterday- HI!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Around here (I'm about 45 minutes south of Toronto) my town is absolutely crawling with Priuses and hideous Smart Cars. I agree they have a purpose, but they're so illogical to own in Canada, especially with no spare tire.

Sadly, I have yet to encounter another Insight while driving mine.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yesterday going to work, a red Insight passed me on Rt 7 East. Then on the way home, I had a blue one behind me for about 15 minutes on Rt 7 west. Two in one day is the most I've seen, although it wasn't the first time

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Back in my own pad after 28 days on the road. No Insightings since July 18th, until I rolled up my garage door and saw my own. That's 10 days sans Insights... :cry:

Upside: even after all the time sitting unused in the garage, it started right up just as I knew it would... :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
On 4th of July weekend I was trying to merge onto the 405 Freeway (Orange County, SoCal) and NO ONE was giving me any room . . . until finally some kind soul (In a Silver Insight!) let me (in my Red Insight) merge in :D .

Other than that I see an Insight every couple of days, with the majority in Silver, then Red, and fewest in Blue. Oh, and I saw a Citrus Insight parked in San Clemente once! Have yet to see a Citrus at speed.

Best Regs,
Rick
2006 CVT

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
After almost 3,000 miles of road trip, I've seen only two Insights other than the many at Hybridfest. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
I saw a grey one two fridays ago in South Duxbury, Vermont or close to there on VT100. I almost waved, but then remembered I was riding my Suzuki V-Strom! Could've just given a thumbs up though...

Also there's somebody around here who has a red one in the Lachine industrial sector. I've seen it a couple of times, but only ever once while driving my own.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Richard, that was very likely me! I remember spotting a red insight in OC several times. I was driving @ OC on the 4th at night, and I remember seeing an insight (I'm always super-nice to insight drivers), although I can't remember the color. If not, it could have been my Bf who was also cruising around during the day.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

*waves excitedly*

·
Registered
71 Posts
San Diego sightings

After buying my '06 MT a week ago from a dealer outside Sacramento, I drove 600 miles back to San Diego without seeing any other Insights.

But in just the last 2 days a silver one went by me as I was parking in South Park (near Golden Hill); and I passed a parked blue one near Balboa Park.

Considering San Diego has the highest gas prices in CA, I expect I'll being seeing a few more than just these 2.

21 - 40 of 2534 Posts
About this Discussion
2.5K Replies
527 Participants
boogetyboogety
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing