Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been noticing a weird tackling noise going on behind the rear right seat, under where the car jack goes. Then I downloaded the service manual, took it apart...

Btw, just realized from the service manual that I2 uses clutches?! Lmao that blows my mind as i thought it used a torque converter lol....
IMG_0235.jpg
Also there's a lot of space were missing out below that cargo floor, perfect if you're trying to smuggle something over the border

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I found out the body shop which did fix my car from a rear end did not care much on it....
IMG_0236.jpg
Look that ugly glue :(

·
Registered
194 Posts
So I've been noticing a weird tackling noise going on behind the rear right seat, under where the car jack goes. Then I downloaded the service manual, took it apart...

Btw, just realized from the service manual that I2 uses clutches?! Lmao that blows my mind as i thought it used a torque converter lol....
View attachment 57066
Also there's a lot of space were missing out below that cargo floor, perfect if you're trying to smuggle something over the border

speaking of all this space...

I've been toying with ideas on removing all that foam filler all together... leave just the spare in there and then cut a basic 4x8 rubber backs entry rug from home depot to line the back just so it doesn't look so open and raw... also would provide a soft barrier for anything put in there.

Should open up a lot of space in general.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, 2 of them, and it is still jerky from a stop...

What was the noise from?

I did a lot of mess around and found 3 possible source:
1. A small piece of gravel in between the trim, possibly dropped from the jack
2. The jack itself was wiggling around
3. The "tunnel" cover thing was kinda loss, sits firm after I dropped a few rubber O rings in the socket(I was thinking about bigger rings but I have the small ones only...)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I've been toying with ideas on removing all that foam filler all together... leave just the spare in there and then cut a basic 4x8 rubber backs entry rug from home depot to line the back just so it doesn't look so open and raw... also would provide a soft barrier for anything put in there.

Just don't put anything dangerous/valuable in there otherwise you'll be screwed in a rear ending...
I was surprised my foam thing didn't break as the bottom kinda got deformed by a "little" :/
For example, I would never put a fire extinguisher down there without the foam to protect it. Also, the trunk area gets extremely hot during the summer. Last year it melted the citronella candle there on one of my camping trip. And the wax is still partially there today, deforming the all-weather cargo cover.....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Making more rooming trunk/boot

hi,took the stirofoam out,but my space saving wheel in,plus all my bits and pieces,now I have a lot more room

1 - 10 of 10 Posts