Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that thinks the Fit hybrid (or something very, very similar) would be one of the neatest cars *ever?*

I don't think it's going to happen, but aside from the Insight, the Fit is one of my favorites. I love that car, but I don't have the need for a new car now. I have the insight, and I don't need more than 1 car payment!

·
Registered
702 Posts
there are rumors all over that honda will be making a fit hybrid...if anyone has any articles or sites about it, maybe they will post em up :D

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
There are rumors about it, but Honda I think said it wasn't going to happen. I just wish they'd sell the Fit here with the 1.3L engine the rest of the world gets.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Why a smaller engine?

The Fit reminds me too much of a minivan..... although I know that's what soccer moms love. Gotta go with whatever the market will buy.

·
Registered
536 Posts
ElectricTroy wrote...The Fit reminds me too much of a minivan..... although I know that's what soccer moms love.

What better shape is there for a short car seating four or five adult passenger's ? ...a one box design is the ultimate or do we return to space wasting hoods and trunks adding to the overall length or alternatively encroaching on passenger space.
Quit trying to stigmatise or brand good practical design by putting labels on it ,there is no more efficient way of packaging four adults in a very short car than to go tall and one box.

DGate

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
There will be one. From my Honda e-newsletter:

"(Hybrid) power to the people
Building on the success of the eco-friendly Civic Hybrid, Honda has announced plans to launch a lower-cost family hybrid designed to allow more people around the world to adopt cleaner motoring technology. Due out early next year, it will be followed by a sporty hybrid based on its CR-Z Concept, an all-new Civic Hybrid and a Jazz Hybrid model."

The Fit is known as the Jazz in the UK. With four different Honda hybrid cars on sale within a couple of years, we will no longer be such a select club!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts