Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellows. just picked up a silver 2010 insight EX, traded in my 20mpg pickup, and looking forward to spending alot less at the pump. I really wanted a civic GX (CNG) but mother nature's actions in japan have made that impossible.

out of the dealership the radio was locked out, trusted that they'd unlock it, but turns out its gotta be replaced :/ luckily ill be flying outta town while they order the part so not too much sweat off my back. First upgrades definitely gonna be window tint, and a sub. Would love to put in aftermarket navigation unit, anyone done this and done a write up on it? If someone here in the I2 forums has had success with an aftermarket NAVI, especially getting the wheel controls and a rear cam, which is what I have planned later this year, that'd be great. Did a search didn't see anything like that, aside from instructions removing the radio (http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-discussions/16955-diy-how-remove-stock-radio.html )

Look forward to talking to you all on here --Josh

·
Registered
790 Posts
I don't know anything about the audio stuff.

But I would had loved to got a Civic GX. We have mineral rights and natural gas wells on several different properties of my family. But the upfront cost to get a "Phil" installed sucks. But, otherwise, free fuel.

Perhaps in the future.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Welcome aboard. The head unit swap Is like with any other car. Just make sure to get all the adapters. If you do not have steering wheel controls there is a DIY on the fit forums on how to do it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts