Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 insight, bought in Jordan & dealer here won't deal with any software issues only mechanical, as this car was not imoprted to the country, only few in the market.
After reading many posts...my insight have issues with force charging uphile,
My question here is, can the software be updated outside the dealership shop??
( DIY may be ) ??? Please help

:-?:-?:-?

Thx

·
Registered
317 Posts
Update,force charging etc

2011 insight, bought in Jordan & dealer here won't deal with any software issues only mechanical, as this car was no imoprted to the country, only few in the market.
After reading many posts...my insight have issues with force charging uphile,
My question here is, can the software be updated outside the dealership shop??
( DIY may be ) ??? Please help

:-?:-?:-?

Thx
If I was you,I'd get onto Honda directly,I did,and within 4 weeks I was informed that 3 software updates were needed,plus an air bag safety part recall,all done for free,my car was also force charging,juddering etc,now its fine ,waiting for the airbag issue to be fixed,local Honda dealer is awaiting part from Japan,,,,,, good luck,be assertive,update can't be done outside of Honda garage

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I was you,I'd get onto Honda directly,I did,and within 4 weeks I was informed that 3 software updates were needed,plus an air bag safety part recall,all done for free,my car was also force charging,juddering etc,now its fine ,waiting for the airbag issue to be fixed,local Honda dealer is awaiting part from Japan,,,,,, good luck,be assertive,update can't be done outside of Honda garage
Honda insight not SOLD in Jordan... That's why they refuse to do any software update to the car...!!!! Can't do much about it ...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
They don't have to do anything but connect it to the service area computer. Not check the computer in the office. It should not matter that the vehicle is not sold there. I agree with the idea of contacting Honda Corp. directly and seeing if they can compel the local dealer to do it. I assume you are willing to pay for tech time to do it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They don't have to do anything but connect it to the service area computer. Not check the computer in the office. It should not matter that the vehicle is not sold there. I agree with the idea of contacting Honda Corp. directly and seeing if they can compel the local dealer to do it. I assume you are willing to pay for tech time to do it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I'm willing to pay for tech time, I will drop by the dealer and ask them to hook the car to service area computer....

Thanks much for the help
Cheers :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts