Honda Insight Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
Stand by. Just testing the BCM Interceptor code on my bench car will be posted in a minute.

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
OK try these. They operate on my bench car although I can't check regen with it.

One is set at 70.1% SOC, the other at 60.1%

Voltage limit checking is active.

Remember the car will sometimes not start with the IMA on the first ignition cycle after fiddling around with it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Thanks @retepsnikrep Peter

Testing these will have to wait, as I'm givivng the car back to the owner today (with BCM Interceptor removed for the time being).

But I did finally get the CAN chips and the new PIC processors, so in my car I'm going to update the OBDIIC&C and try to get the BMS data working. Once I get everything figured out in my car I'll install all of that into this car, at which time I can revisit the BCM Interceptor

I also had the idea to build a DPDT Relay + button combo to switch those lines from BCM and MCM to either stock configuration, OR to the BCM Interceptor, so it will be easier to test and revert changes going forward. I already started building that, so I'll install that in a week or two when I work on this car again with the CAN OBDIIC&C upgrade.

To prepare for CAN, I ran a CAT5 line from the IMA bay to under the cupholder. It's not hooked to anything right now, but I've also ordered ethernet ports. I'll try to create a standardized setup for my car using CAT5. I think it could be a good way to go because the individual lines are already in twisted pairs in a CAT5 cable, and the extra lines can be used for other stuff such as ALF and RLF buttons or something else like that.

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
You need to consider how you will power the LTO BMS boards and OBDIIC&C.
The OBDIIC&C and 72 cell LTO boards will consume about 500ma when running. They both need 12V.

Unfortunately the OEM OBDII port 12V+ is not ign switched, it's hot all the time.
I just unplug my setup from the OBDII port for now between drives, but this is not a long term solution.

You really need a switch or ign controlled relay in the power feed that supplies the BMS boards and the OBDIIC&C.

Something else to ponder.. :unsure:

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Okay that's really good to know. Maybe up in the front I can have a relay off of ECM C 28 (+5V) to supply 12V to the OBDII port. I'm assuming it's not wise to send 12V from there all the way to the IMA compartment on a CAT5 cable, so perhaps the IMA compartment could have its own relay off of the same source as the BCM Interceptor+5V.

I was wondering about that actually, the BCM Interceptor +5v from MCM C 24, do we know how many mA it's good for without causing issues?

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
I'm assuming it's not wise to send 12V from there all the way to the IMA compartment on a CAT5 cable, so perhaps the IMA compartment could have its own relay off of the same source as the BCM Interceptor+5V.
I send 12v from the front for the BMS boards

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
OK this is the OBDIIC&C CAN Code for Lily's 2005 US MT. Rename to hex.

It is configured for her pack LTO ids.

High Pack V limit is 188V
Cell High V Limit is 2.5V (I use 2.6)
Cell Low V Limit is 2.0V (I use 1.9)
Temp Limit is 40C
Alarms and LTO Checks are on.
IMAC&C P&P and max assist etc is off as not fitted to the car asfaik.
Current hack is +40% (144)

You can change the various parameters later if desired.

The AFR LB Light and ECT Coolant temp are monitored in the background even though they are not on the main screen.

This code does not auto shut down the OBDIIC&C or LTO BMS when ign is off etc.
You have to have some sort of switch or ign switched relay to accomplish that.

As usual this software comes with no warranty or guarantees whatsoever!
If it has bugs that's unfortunate. Please report glitches etc via the forum.

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
Note there was a bug in the prev OBDIIC&C code which meant you could not change the display parameters.
I have corrected it and uploaded a new version to the prev post. Please download and use that. Thanks

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I haven't installed the CAN OBDII stuff in her car yet.

Today she said she got IMA light and a CEL. IMA light went away after car restart, but CEL remained. I pulled the code: P1437. I'm guessing a loose connection somewhere?

Not many results when googling for P1437. OBDII DTC sheet says it's related to P1439 -- MDM Short Circuit.

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
P1437 is not a connection issue.

It's an MDM short code which means the IGBT detected excess current flow and shut itself off.

It can occasionally occur on 40% or more hacked cars, especially when lots of regen is demanded at low rpm.
Braking regen etc right down to a stop in higher gear etc.

Each car and IGBT are a bit different, so some are not as sensitive as others and never trigger.
Ditto the resistor tolerance used for the current hack, some might be slightly higher current, some less.

It's possible to defeat this code by a simple mod inside the MCM. I did it on all my cars.
The IGBT will still protect itself and shut down for an instant.

The mod just prevents it setting the IMA code.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts