Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is at the dealership currently. After IMA replacement, idle stop and regen were not working. Assumed something related to the repair, signed an estimate for $0. 2 days later they tell me it's not related and they "think" it's the throttle body. New part costs over $500 plus labor, salvage part is $120 plus labor. It's idling low and a little roughly and will not perform auto stop. Small shudder when idling or when first coming to a stop. They claim the regen has started working again (I haven't seen it yet, so can't verify).

Anyone else have this problem ever? Any knowledge about throttle body problems?

Now the dealership also tells me I owe them $350 in diagnostics for them tracking down this elusive problem, which I am negotiating on currently.

Thoughts? :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not a mechanic, but I wish I was in this situation! I don't understand it either, and I really don't get why it was working fine before the IMA replacement. They "think" it was a terrible coincidence. I am not necessarily buying it. But I don't really know where to go with this at this point.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I don't think I would go for the throttle body at this point. If you got a new IMA, and the car runs, I would try driving it for a week and see if things clear up. There are some pretty complicated resetting procedures that you're supposed to do in order to recovery from significant IMA repairs, but I think that most of them will right themselves if you just drive the car. A shudder when stopping is normal. Charging is so wierd and unpredictable even in normal cases that it's hard to tell what's going on right after a repair. Not going into autostop could be because the charge is low.

My vote is to drive it a while and see what happens next.

Most modern car debugging is done by looking at codes, and $350 seems a bit steep for that... Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
If your Insight is not auto-stopping could it be something as simple as a disconnected temp sensor in the front bumper?
You never know...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts