Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried to modify the idle stop function to activate below 40 degrees farenheit? It seems as if it should be a simple operation if you know where the outside temperature sensor is.

(Perhaps there is a reason that Honda limits this function to warmer temperatures and I shouldn't mess with it? Is the temperature sensor dedicated strictly to the idle stop function or might there be reprecussions elsewhere, such as interior climate control?)

And while I'm at it, my CVT Civic hybrid auto idle stop function drives me crazy even in the warmer weather- seems to have a mind of its own when and whether it decides to activate. Can this be modified to perform more like the manual transmission?

Silversipper 5sp

·
Registered
569 Posts
Mine auto-stops whatever the temperature is as long as the temp display has reached six bars and I turn the heater off before coming to a complete stop. I have a manual. CVT's could be different.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My 5 speed will auto-stop down to about 10 deg. F outdoor temperature when the engine is warm, and when the battery charge indicator is above approximately 25%. As noted in the previous message, in colder temperatures it's necessary to turn the heater fan off just before reaching a full stop. After a complete stop, I can turn the heater fan on again, and the engine doesn't restart unless the engine temp. falls below a minimum limit and/or the brakes are pumped more than 3 times.

It will be interesting to hear if this doesn't work the same way in a CVT.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi James:

___Just shut it down. Not the fan, the Auto-climate in its entirety.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1k9yfwv4][email protected][/email:1k9yfwv4]

·
Registered
224 Posts
Insights without Air Conditioning (like "Sputnik") don't have the auto climate feature.

(Not having an A/C condenser also makes the radiator partial block "modification" just a bit more challenging.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts