Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of rebuilding my CVT and it's taken apart 95%. I was experiencing the clutch grab and slip over and over right away. As it got warmer it was much more apparent. Not exactly sure the reason it was doing it. Car has 109k and ran great up until I have the tranny oil changed by honda. I just didn't my first CVT fluid change in the other insight I just got and noticed the oil was almost clear with very slight red to it. When I drained the other CVT it was red light regular AFT. Anyone ever hear of honda techs screwing up and putting regular AFT in the CVT and if so what would it do to the tranny? This one ran for about 1,500 miles before giving me issues after the oil change.

Sorry, back to the real reason. I have the CVT mostly apart but if it were you how much would you go through? Change the main bearing that normally fails at some point or even the belt? My belt doesn't have any sharp edges on it and the bearing feels good. I know I can source a belt from China for 250 bucks. Then I'd have to deal with the bearing issue of making a sleeve. Or do I just put this clutch kit in and replace the friction and steel plates in the start, forward and reverse pack?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start Clutch

Yes, I have everything to rebuild the start clutch so that will be done for sure. As well as replacing the friction and steel plates in the forward and reverse clutch packs. I just didn't know if I should bother with an aftermarket belt now and that bearing. Didn't know if anyone on here has used the aftermarket belts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts