Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I would really appreciate some help with this, even though I know it is my fault. So, I have a 2000 insight, and my key would not turn for anything. I don't have the money to get someone involved, so I decide to break out the cylinder with a screwdriver until I can start it with the screwdriver.

I have done this before in other cars until I had the money to fix it right. Anyway, I got the switch to turn, but even though the electrical and everything comes on and the starter is trying to turn the engine over, it won't start. It is responding almost like it is out of gas. Can someone please give me some insight into what I might have screwed up here. It doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mechanic in Sacramento

Oh, also regarding this post, does anyone know a good mechanic that is knowledgeable about 1st gen insights in the Sacramento or Bay Area? After I recover from Christmas, I would like to find someone who can help me fix this right.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Oh, also regarding this post, does anyone know a good mechanic that is knowledgeable about 1st gen insights in the Sacramento or Bay Area? After I recover from Christmas, I would like to find someone who can help me fix this right.
Chipped key and ECU immobilizer equipped. Not a productive thing to do as there are electronics and circuity that would prevent a thief from doing the same thing you just did.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tape or hold the key right next to the ignition. There is a sensor that will know you have the correct key. Now you can use your screw driver to start the car.

If you don't have the key at all, the car will not start. If you are probing for info on how to steal someone's car... We Will Find You.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Thanks so much! You just made my Christmas. I busted out the cylinder in the first place because all my money is going into presents right now, and I don't have it to be fixing cars until about February. You did me a huge favor. I just got it started and drove it home after reading your message. Merry Christmas!

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
hi,

i would really appreciate some help with this, even though i know it is my fault. So, i have a 2000 insight, and my key would not turn for anything. I don't have the money to get someone involved, so i decide to break out the cylinder with a screwdriver until i can start it with the screwdriver.
P/N pfkl2321610 lock assy., steering £266.83 (€304.19) ($426.93) 001 req'd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts