Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2001 (which I love) and my girlfriend has now developed a sad case of Insight envy. She has the money for a new one (unlike me) so she's searching dealers. One of the San Diego dealers told her the nearest Insight was in San Juan Capistrano (60 miles) but when she called the SJC dealer she was told that it's now illegal to sell a new Insight. Two questions: What was that about? and, How can she get a new one?

·
Registered
466 Posts
New Insight

Ahhh -NO. It is NOT illegal to sell a new Insight.

SEcond part of question - the trouble will be finding a new one anyplace as production ended a few months ago and supplies are all but gone at this point. Likely she will have to drive some distance to get one.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Polipe said:
One of the San Diego dealers told her the nearest Insight was in San Juan Capistrano (60 miles) but when she called the SJC dealer she was told that it's now illegal to sell a new Insight.
So SJC plans on doing what with it then? Illegal to sell a new Insight....ha what a joke! Sounds like they just want to sell you a new Honda Civic Hybrid instead for more money.

Save yourself some cash and just buy a used Insight. My 2001 CVT is for sale. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose the "illegal" reference was just that, a ploy to get her to think of another model that they do have.

Well, she may be interested in a used one at this point. (Hey, it was good enough for me.) Send me the details in a private message and I will pass along the information to her. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Sounds like this dealer is giving away a big load of horse manure for free.

:roll:

·
Registered
33 Posts
...all the way from Japan...

It's difficult to tell from the photographs as to which side of the car has the driver's seat, steering wheel & pedals.

NOTE: Japanese and British Insight drivers sit on the right-hand side of the car in order to pilot it, whereas US Insight drivers are generally located on the left-hand side.

...not certain as to what US law is regarding such things, much less California law.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts