Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone understand what "Illuminated Ignition Switch", listed on Honda's site as an Interior Instrumentation specification is describing?
My car does not appear to be equipped with such a feature, unless I consider the dome light "illuminating" the ignition switch briefly when the unlock button is pressed on the remote transmitter. Could Honda be that cheesy?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Mine is not illuminated, and I seriously doubt they mean the dome light. Don't know if this feature was on the '02 or not, and there is nothing in my owner's manual about it that I can find. Says standard on the '06 :?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No illuminated ignition switch mentioned in the 2006 owners manual.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
" Go to the very last item under INTERIOR: INSTRUMENTATION, it says, Illuminated Ignition Switch-Standard."

Thanks Bill, that's what started me thinking. Honda says standard and
my three week old 2006 has no such thing. I guess this isn't a major issue, but I was looking forward to that feature. I am enjoying this car so much I would probably be willing to overlook headlights that didn't illuminate.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I thought it was kind of funny myself that the Insight doesn't have an ignition illuminator of some kind.

My '94 4runner does, and its 6 years older than the Insight!

I was thinking about rigging something up but I think it might be hard to rig up the wiring to behave correctly... Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hmmm, I often considered doing an ignition mod. Shouldn't be to hard to find an S2000 ignition illuminator and modify it for us, just expensive! :evil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts