Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just got back from picking up my 2003 insight! A friend of mine and I drove out to Salt Lake City to get the car and I couldn't be happier with it. We drove from Salt Lake down through canyons and mountains along interstate 70 through the rocky mountains which was a gorgeous drive and I averaged about 60mpg... my average speed on the highway was 75-85

So I just wanted to say how much I enjoy my insight and am happy to be considered an owner.

I'll be installing new shock absorbers as these are dead as well as tires, so any information as to where to find some aftermarket shock absorbers would be appreciated.

Talk to you soon,
Mark

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi Mark & welcome to the forum (and the Insight "owner's "club too :!: :) )

Make sure you _really_ need those shocks. Unless their _leaking_ and "crunching / groaning" due to the oil loss IIRC your the first reported in need of replacement on the forum.

Honda struts / shocks have historically lasted for the life of the car. With an occasional exception. ;)

And remember any other tire than OEM _will_ handle "better" at a 10% +- MPG cost. :(

See:

Tire Comparison Test
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... 38&start=0

HTH! :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Mark - Glad your trip went well and you had no 'suprises' when you got it in SLC. After our meeting I worried that there might well be some 'hidden' glitches in the car, but not so.
Your now a real 'member' of a small community of POD drivers.

Congrats and enjoy!

Mitch

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mitch!

I wanted to thank you again for letting me check out your insight before i bought mine, no problems at all coming from SLC and since i've been back i'm on my 2nd tank which from littleton to louisville i averaged 73.7mpg! what an amazingly efficient and fun car to drive! (although i've put my foot into it a bit more and it's now down to 64mpg, but still, amazing!) makes me narrow my eyes when i hear some commercial on tv proclaiming 26mpg highway! wow.... :?

often times i'm faster than regular cruising drivers and have never had problems with passing once i was used to the gearing

i love this car!

great to be an owner, it's a blast!

·
Registered
338 Posts
yeah man

so many of my freinds give me crap about my car....

till they ride in it!

Highly recommend tire replacement....IMHO stock size is NO FUN!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: yeah man

so many of my freinds give me * about my car ... till they ride in it!
Here, when they come over to look at the "Silver Bullet", at first their attitude is "nose down" - until they're shown the daily log I keep in the car, a log which shows the date, the end of day miles and the end of day MPG. After seeing those figures, the silence is almost "deafening."

... Very satisfying to say the least!

Fred :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts