Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Insighters,

Some of you might remember me... I stopped posting about a year ago when my last car (2001 #1701) was hit by a driver of a large SUV (ironic isn't it?). After parting with my beloved Insight I did a stupid thing and bought a Toyota 4Runner... I know... an SUV... do forgive me because I did sell it after 8 months. In the meantime I finally bought a car that I have always wanted... a 2002 S2000 (even in the screaming Spa Yellow Pearl color). I purchased it as a toy car and man it is fun!!!! Anyway, back to why I am back.... my parents have decided to do some car trading (and for those of you that can remember back... them and I both had blue Insights)... I have now ended-up with their car... 2001 #1595. This fall they are parting with their Toyota 4Runner to make room for a Lexus RX400h (yes, the HYBRID!!!!). They still have their 1997 S-10 Electric (still getting lots of looks in traffic and 70 miles on a charge).

For those wondering... what did I do with all the stuff form my last car? Well, the leather interior ended-up in my parents car so I now have it back (and after 23000 mi. of use the seats still look as good as when I recovered them). And most of the other stuff is around here somewhere (rear wiper plug, HID headlights (bulbs and ballasts), etc...).

Anyway, enough for now... I look forward to being back involved in this community again! For those interested, here is a photo of both of my Honda's (both built in the same plant):

·
Registered
242 Posts
welcome back!

Hey, Clayton

Welcome back. Good to see you on the board again.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Clayton,
Welcome back and glad to hear that the seats are holding up well. Have fun, RIck

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Nice cars! Nice photo! Well, the steering wheels are similar. :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Hi BlueInsight1595:

___I am sorry I didn’t see or maybe I just don’t remember your past posts but it is nice to see a fellow Insighter come back into the fold.

___With that, I am awfully interested in your leather seating surfaces and HID’s. Do you have any close-up pics and details? I have a HID kit installed in the Acura and I am interested in doing the same to the Insight given the lower power usage (except for light off of course) and the much better view of the road while driving at night. Any details would be greatly appreciated. After the lighting harness recall is completed of course ;)

___Thanks in advance and Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:2e5xv4j5][email protected][/email:2e5xv4j5]

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi, and welcome back.
Cool pic ! 8)
It always makes me jealous to see other Insights without the (useless) front license-plate and a nice blue sky when it's grey and dull over here...... :shock:

·
Registered
295 Posts
No. 166 said:
It always makes me jealous to see other Insights without the (useless) front license-plate and a nice blue sky when it's grey and dull over here...... :shock:
Yep,fact,true...... I think to immigrate to a sunshine state :?

But hey it looks verry nice !!! welcom.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
xcel said:
I am sorry I didn’t see or maybe I just don’t remember your past posts
Catch all his earlier posts here. Threads about leather interior and HID lights are pretty high in the listing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts