Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christ, what did I do?

I sold my insight roughly 2 months ago, and I'm not doing well. I posted it here, but I'll mention again that I bought a 2005 Volvo S60 to 'replace' the insight when I took a job closer to home. I loved the insight, but it was tough not having a backseat with the 3 year old, and mileage wasn't a huge issue anymore (150 mile daily commute to a 40 mile daily commute), so I went out and bought the new car, and proceeded to sell the Insight.

I was happy at first.. I made money on the sale vs. the price I paid, and it went to a good home, but I am not doing well with not having it around. I took it for granted when I owned it. It's not so much the mileage either.. I get about 22mpg in the Volvo combined, which sucks but isn't deadly terrible. I could get better than that if I didn't flog the turbo around all day. I miss owning the Insight and being in it. I miss the dash, I miss the size, I miss the game I played every time I drove it... paying as much attention to the FCD as I did the road ahead of me.

I miss the shape, I miss the seats, I miss the conversations with strangers. I miss washing it, I miss looking at it through my bedroom window. I miss IT.

I really wish I would have sold the 300M instead of the insight. I'd be a billion times happier right now.

Oh well, let my feelings be a warning to anyone here thinking of getting rid of their little coupes. Don't do it unless you are replacing it with a 2006!

At least the volvo looks nice, I took these yesterday after cleaning it (why did I buy a black car?) http://www.thebluepen.com/photos/volvo2/

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Problem is your Insight is out of sight

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Good to hear from you.

The new Civic hybrid has many of the features of the Insight, and might be something to consider if you need the extra seating.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks dude, I needed to hear that. Lately I've been toying with the idea of sellling my Insight because I miss having back seats and I no longer have a long commute. But, I'll take your advice........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts