Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever since the insights came out I've had my eye on them. Now that I'm at the point to by a car of my own... I need a citrus yellow insight. Down to the point, they are hard to come around on. I need it to be a 5 speed, other options i'm open on... So let me know If you know any one or seen any for sale. thanks much

·
Premium Member
891 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Oh so amusing rschaffrath! Although it has now got me thinking that I would like an Ebbro toy model of the Insight. I have just done a quick bit of research on the web and it appears that Ebbro only made the Insight model in Red, Blue and Citrus. I cannot find Silver! If anyone knows better, please let me know.

PS The real Insight for sale has the plates 'GAS SIPR' that rings a few bells; isn't that someone we know? Or am I thinking of 'GAS MIZR' :wink:

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help. I saw the one on ebay before but it's kinda odd to me to buy a car that way. I have a blue ebbro model and onto getting the citrus yellow. I also saw an insight on Autotrader.com and I've talked to they guy a few times. If I could find something closer that would help me. I would drive cross country to get this car but the closer the better. My boyfriend works for a honda dealership and they can't even find one for me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
As you have probably figured out, they are not that hard to find, unless you want one ...
  • Nearby or
    with low miles or
    with a good price
If any of the above are true for you, I sugeest you do the following.
1. Have your financing all lined up so you can buy quickly.
2. Look at and test drive other used insights in your area so you know what to look for when that CYM comes along.
3. Be prepared to wait several months, especially if you want more than 1 in the above list.

I don't think honda has released figures, but the Insight Owner registery has about 9% CYM for 2000. Given that 3800 were imported in 2000, one can estimate that around 340 CYM insights were sold in the US.

Good luck, they get alot of stares and double takes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At this point I'm not going to be to picky. I have test drove a few and I just melted in the seat. I want the looks and the questions. I think I will get the double looks in any nice car just because I'm a girl. Come on I even do a double take when I see a girl in a car.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Sidestepping your last comment, I have managed to find you a 2000 Citrus Yellow at an authorised Honda dealer with A/C and 37,000 miles for $12,500 (£7,995). Unfortunately it is in Liverpool, UK!

G

·
0 Posts
Just got a Citrus Yellow Insight, 10,000 miles, 2001, fantastic condition, £8000 !!!! When I say got, I mean getting, in about an hour !!!!!

Problem is I'm in Bristol, England.

Have a look at http://www.autotrader.co.uk

Theres loads on there (well 12 at the last count) :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts