Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 2010 Honda insight, On december the check IMA system and Check engine lights warnings show up. However the IMA battery continue charging and the auto idle stop still working with no issue at all. I got home and checked out the battery with a multimeter and it shows 12.55v wich is fine wit the engine off and 13.7v with engine running.... Y check the blinking codes and throwed the code 78 (P0A7F) that means battery pack deterioration. I proceeded to disconect the negative terminal of the 12v battery for 5 min and reconnect, no lights or warnings about the IMA showed up until yesterday. Same issue appeared but the car is performing fine, assist and charge is working fine and the auto stop working as well. }is the IMA battery bad or simply a glitch onthe computer due overheat?

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,686 Posts
The IMA battery probably needs a "rebalanceing". DO you have a IMA battery Charger?

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,686 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Do: disclose the current miles (km) on the car when posting about problems.
Showing your location in your profile also can be helpful. (I don't recognize the flag)

I would, besides checking voltage on the under hood battery, have load tested. This will give you a much better idea of its health. Do you know how old it is?

Otherwise, you will have to look into the health, and probably treat, the IMA battery pack as Willie suggests.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I`m From Panama City, The car is about 158k miles, In march 3 I do the load test on the 12v battery and pass it exeeding the requariments. The battery is 7 months old...is not old enough. I reset the computer by disconnecting the 12v for 5 minutes and switched off the ima module....when powerin on the ima and reconnecting the negative terminal of the 12v, the lights dont show again....

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Well, an IMA battery pack could be deteriorated living it's life at the equator. That said, we have had folks with malfunctioning a cooling fan back by the IMA pack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: i drove the car after resetting the whole system (disconnecting the 12 battery for 10min), for about 30 miles. The car doesnt throw any codes at all although I go full throttle uphill and the assist gauge go almost full for 45 seconds or less.... then go full throttle on highway to 100mph with no problems...the battery only recalibrated 2 times in 1hour of use (and abuse hehe)...the IMA battery pass a few charge/discharge cycles without any problems or check engine lights or IMA lights....I keep updating....Thanks for ur help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts