Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased a 2002 insight as a parts car. I needed body parts and SRS system I am selling the battery that was just installed before the previous owner blew the head gasket.

Warranted thru 02/2020

If interested in a like new beemax please call or email me direct.

Jim in wisconsin 414 902 0193

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
I don’t know how you get a “BeeMax” battery for the price listed on the invoice?
There should be a warranty/security tag on the back of the battery where the junction board and the back of the battery case meet. The battery warranty can be void if the tag is broken and the tag should have a serial number on it.
Can you post a picture of the security tag please?
Maybe, Eli will chime in later, he has been back on the forum quite a bit lately.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
I actually called Bumblebee and was told it was a 6.5 amp hour battery with a one year warranty. So yes the warranty is until 2020.

There was also shipping that isn’t indicated on the invoice that has probably been rolled into the labor.

Scott

·
Registered
542 Posts
I thought a BeeMax was always 8ahr and a 6.5ahr was a refurb beeline?

Or am I wrong ?

One of my Insights could use a battery, not sure I want the risk of NIMH when lithium seems to getting closer to drop in.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
You could put lithium in today.
Stop on by and I'll sell you the parts.
Would still cost $3000-$5000, even using used lithium cells.
So lithium will never be as cheap as this used pack.

Nimh itself is not a risk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As I first posted this is a LIKE NEW (not refurbished) Bumblebee brand Beemax 6.5 amp hour battery. (Verified warranty till 02/2020) Purchased New in February of this year. I just do not need it as I have a new battery in my daily driver as well as a grid charger. So if anyone is seriously interested in a lIKE NEW IMA battery. Call me I am willing to answer any and all questions.

I do not text and will not respond to them.

Jim in Wisconsin 414 902 0193

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
One of my Insights could use a battery, not sure I want the risk of NIMH when lithium seems to getting closer to drop in.
Lithium is far from drop in, unless you have discovered something new. There are a lot of LTO conversions going, but they require a fair amount of fabrication. The electronics part is pretty simple if you use Peter's Fooler and interceptor. OR, if you use his BCM replacer, now is Beta testing, it can be a bit more simple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
jime
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing