Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced all my ground straps (many months ago) and all was working fine. IMA was even working. Then...

battery light turned on about a month ago

i was ok with this since my catalytic converter needs replacement

IMA light turned about 2 weeks ago and IMA stopped working
Brake Light+Battery light turned on simutaneously overnight 3/23/15.

I know this could be an ac converter problem, 12v battery problem etc.

what can I check on my own to see what's wrong,. what might happen (and has happened in the past) is that my car will stall and then totally stop and not restart.

The IMA charged up real fast when the straps were replaced without and real heavy driving.

I just want to be able to drive my car with or without the assist.

help in any way you can.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Your description of events is a little hard to decipher...

But, if the 12V battery light is on you know the 12V isn't getting charged. So that's probably the first thing to get straight. Charge the 12V, get it tested, etc.

The brake warning light comes on whenever the 12V battery light is on, so that's just a quirk of the system...

The check engine light comes on whenever the IMA light is on...

The IMA light - I don't know, there's a few problems that might suggest...

I'd start with the 12V battery, or maybe first get your OBDII trouble codes read/'blinked', then deal with the 12V battery. Then see if anything's fixed and then deal with the problems that remain - which will probably be some kind of IMA bad battery code/problem... Unless it's some rare, quirky code, which it probably isn't, then most likely you'll be in for some reading about grid charging and deep discharging the IMA battery pack...

Hope this helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts