Honda Insight Forum banner

IMA battery makes Jaws of Life useless?

4101 26
Hey there. I'm 18 and lisenceless (hopefully not for too much longer though, *sigh*) but I've grown really interested in these Insights. My dad said something to me the other day, that the IMA battery has been electrocuting workers as they attempt to use the Jaws of Life to extract people from gas/electric cars.

I took what he said with a grain of salt, and this doesn't make much sense to me. I'm pretty sure he was just using his own judgement on this, and didn't actually read anything viable about it. He's a fanatic conservative and probably feels that hybrids are a threat to the gas industry. :roll:

Thanks.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
599 Posts
Will M,

What time of the day was the wreck? I also have a silver 2000 Insight. While techincally not my fault, I have been in four wrecks. Three were at dawn, one was at dusk.

One of those four wreck were unavoidable - better defensive driving could have avoided 2-3 of the others.

Since people are afraid of hybrids anyway, why not go ahead and tell them the battery is a radioactive thermoelectric like the Cassini Saturn probe? :twisted:

· Registered
599 Posts
Don't think I'll repaint my silver Insight red. Nothing is ever as good as the factory paint job. I think part of the reason is the coat can be baked warmer.

While I'd pick red if I were to do it again, I can live with silver.

· Registered
599 Posts
james said:
So out of this small number of accidents, how many have resulted in electrocutions?
...that's why I joked the hybrid battery should be an RTG - people way overeact over the mention of "nuclear" or "anthrax".

OMG!
:shock:
:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.