Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ron rehabbed the battery for my '00 Gen 1 Insight last month. It has 168K miles on it, and had run past its Honda warrantee.

I removed the battery myself (I'm handy, but by no means a mechanic!), crated and shipped it to his shop, and 3-4 weeks later it returned. Installed, and run now almost a month, it appears all as it once was. All this for slightly over $1K with shipping.

The Battery Removal Instructions are superb - it's almost a pleasant job, since nothing is particularly dirty, rusty or frozen. Make sure you know how to operate an electrical testing device, for safety!

I must have pre-dated the new shipping crates by just a few weeks -- they look lovely, and would have saved me the time of building one myself.

Thanks for your good service, Ron -- may you have continued and increasing success, as more of our little "aluminum spam cans" run past the extended 10yr/150K warrantee!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Thanks for your good service, Ron -- may you have continued and increasing success, as more of our little "aluminum spam cans" run past the extended 10yr/150K warrantee!
Thank you very much. Best of luck with the battery to whomever winds up with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts