Honda Insight Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you are near to Georgia, I have a pack that was in use and kept charge for a couple weeks of driving with assist. I removed it to install LTO. The pack was fully discharged prior to putting in storage. Let me know if interested and close enough to pick up, cannot ship.
How much do you want for the pack? Did you replace it because it was failing or acting up?

·
Registered
257 Posts
How much do you want for the pack?
Make reasonable offer

Did you replace it because it was failing or acting up?
I replaced it because I purchased 3 greentech LTO Fit packs. My car does not need the OEM pack now. It was working reasonably well before LTO conversion. Note that any pack you buy used is 20+ years old, it's not a new pack but was usable. I drove two weeks using assist without charging, and it maintained itself. No promises or guarantees. It's an old pack.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'd suggest contacting me through DM if interested to get this thread back on topic.

Reactions: jime

·
Linsight Designer
2,950 Posts
I have thought about the Arduino option but I would rather hold off on that until emissions are no longer an issue.
FYI: The Arduino bypass will keep the CEL light off forever.
FYI: I'm about to release LiBCM, which completely replaces the OEM NiMH hybrid battery with a modern, lithium version. It won't be released prior to your upcoming inspection, but if you can limp by with the Arduino bypass, then LiBCM could bring wonderful new life to your IMA system. Note that LiBCM requires the unmodified OEM IMA wire harness, whereas the Arduino bypass cuts it into pieces... you can do the Arduino bypass without hacking the IMA harness to pieces... just de-pin the required connections.

·
Super Moderator
9,348 Posts
The car looks to be in good condition. If the mileage is below 200K, it is likely to provide years of relatively trouble free service. It is probably worth investing in the 5 year warranty Bumblebee. As other have said, warranty is everything with the NiMH packs. Unless you want to get into Lithium conversions, that seems to me to be the best option. As klr3cyl says, keep the receipt because a good battery adds value to these cars:)

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
FYI: The Arduino bypass will keep the CEL light off forever.
FYI: I'm about to release LiBCM, which completely replaces the OEM NiMH hybrid battery with a modern, lithium version. It won't be released prior to your upcoming inspection, but if you can limp by with the Arduino bypass, then LiBCM could bring wonderful new life to your IMA system. Note that LiBCM requires the unmodified OEM IMA wire harness, whereas the Arduino bypass cuts it into pieces... you can do the Arduino bypass without hacking the IMA harness to pieces... just de-pin the required connections.
If I could get access to the stupid plugs I would make the harnesses myself for a small cost to help people not chop up the harnesses, but alas, I cannot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are near to Georgia, I have a pack that was in use and kept charge for a couple weeks of driving with assist. I removed it to install LTO. The pack was fully discharged prior to putting in storage. Let me know if interested and close enough to pick up, cannot ship.
How much for your battery pack?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts