Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a replacement IMA for the 2004 Honda Insight? Are there non-Honda sources that are reliable? Who would be qualified (and willing) to install it for me?

·
Registered
226 Posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,970 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Super Moderator
8,570 Posts
IMO, pay the little more for the 5 year warranty:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you live near Lansing, MI I have a refurbished battery pack ready to drop in.
Is it a Honda battery [Honda remanufactured]? If so then the Kingman Honda dealership in Kingman AZ is looking for one (for my car). They cannot seem to find one for me, to fulfill their warranty obligations- - and they are reluctant to install a third party battery. I have been waiting over a month with no definite ETA date. If you want to sell it to them give Chris Williams a call at 928-681-4041. They may be interested and, if so, will handle shipping. Regards; HRG. .

·
Registered
144 Posts
Is it a Honda battery [Honda remanufactured]? If so then the Kingman Honda dealership in Kingman AZ is looking for one (for my car). They cannot seem to find one for me, to fulfill their warranty obligations- - and they are reluctant to install a third party battery. I have been waiting over a month with no definite ETA date. If you want to sell it to them give Chris Williams a call at 928-681-4041. They may be interested and, if so, will handle shipping. Regards; HRG. .
It is an OEM Honda battery pack from a 2003+ Insight with yellow shrink wrap battery modules, but I am the one who personally refurbished it. It was a core swap. I removed 5 battery modules from the pack and replaced with them with 5 modules with similar load and self discharge characteristics. I highly doubt it would fulfill Honda's warranty criteria. I would probably be considered 3rd or 4th party lol :) I've dealt locally in case I do happen to have an issue with quality/mistakes on my end and can offer to swap it out with another battery pack I have already refurbished.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A 2004 is still under warranty?
The warranty was on the last IMA replacement battery which I purchased from Honda in 2018. It failed after a little over 2 years of a 3 year part warranty. I have been waiting for the part now for over a month and I still have not received any definite ETA date from Honda.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where can I get a replacement IMA for the 2004 Honda Insight? Are there non-Honda sources that are reliable? Who would be qualified (and willing) to install it for me?
Hi! I am super happy with the aftermarket battery I got from
greentecauto.com
they have techs all around the US.... their NEW batteries are 30% more powerful than honda OEM... more power, longer life. they charge a hefty delivery fee, and a core deposit, but I had them send out a tech to install the battery IN MY DRIVEWAY and take away the old battery. Didnt have to pay for shipping or core charge making the install VERY inexpensive. Super convenient. 3 year warranty as long as you dont try to use any aftermarket battery charger and you drive the car at least once a month! very very happy with green tec auto. I asked them for a deal over the phone and they gave me a small but significant price break.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
greentecauto.com
they have techs all around the US.... their NEW batteries are 30% more powerful than honda OEM... more power, longer life. they charge a hefty delivery fee, and a core deposit, but I had them send out a tech to install the battery IN MY DRIVEWAY and take away the old battery. Didnt have to pay for shipping or core charge making the install VERY inexpensive. Super convenient. 3 year warranty as long as you dont try to use any aftermarket battery charger and you drive the car at least once a month! very very happy with green tec auto. I asked them for a deal over the phone and they gave me a small but significant price break.
greentecauto.com
Thanks for the tip on greentecauto.com. Honda finally found me a battery and honored their part warranty [after five weeks]. -hrg.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,970 Posts
Please include your Location in your Profile, as ALL G1 Insighters have done.
Thank You.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts