Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! This is on a 2001 with 127,000 on it with the 2 IMA parts (other than the battery) already replaced with the letter sent out. . . .

Over the past month or so there have been some wild fluctuations in what the battery charge gauge reads. It will be down at near no charge and then jump up to full and other odd things. Yesterday I was driving around some hills and the battery depleted and on came the IMA light. The subsequent charges seemed pretty superficial. Going back down a long hill it charged to maybe 1/3 and then at a stop sign while not running it magically filled the rest of the way. :D COOL!

Anyway, I checked the codes with a loaner OBD II reader from Autozone and it had P1447 (besides its ever-present P0420 for the catalytic converter not being efficient - I guess).

I decided to reset everything and see how long it takes to set an error code again. It took pulling the various fuses following the "How to End a Troubleshooting Session" to get the IMA light off. During the battery re-calibration with underhood fuse 15 pulled it got up to the listed 3 bars after a little while. I turned it off, put the fuse back in, and re-started it and the bars just piled up there even after it had stopped indicating it was doing minimal charging.

Has anyone else done anything similar and have a prediction on how long it takes to get the code set again?

Also, does anyone know why there are 2 codes for 2000-2004 models for "Battery Module Deterioration"? P1447 and P1449 are both listed in the Service Manual as applying to 2000-2004.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
jsonnentag said:
Hello! This is on a 2001 with 127,000 on it with the 2 IMA parts (other than the battery) already replaced with the letter sent out. . . .
Seems like you need to re-read the 10/150k extended IMA warranty. Yup your _still_ covered. And the IMA battery appears to be at fault now.

General Discussion
Sticky: US IMA warranty 10 year extension UPDATED to all 50 states!
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=4796

jsonnentag said:
Has anyone else done anything similar and have a prediction on how long it takes to get the code set again?
I hope for your sake not longer than 23k miles or 4 years (the expiration of the IMA warranty extension in your case +-). Read: DO NOT reset the IMA light and proceed to your nearest Honda dealer for warranty repair consideration the next time it comes on.

jsonnentag said:
Also, does anyone know why there are 2 codes for 2000-2004 models for "Battery Module Deterioration"? P1447 and P1449 are both listed in the Service Manual as applying to 2000-2004.
Different modalitles of battery failure for Honda's internal tracking and possible pertinant information in regard to remanufacturing the IMA pack :?:

HTH! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts