Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 2 nd honda insight owner,just got the above software updates done,what a difference,oh and they also did the air bag safety recall thing, what amazes me is my car was imported from the UK to Ireland and neither the UK owner or the Irish owner checked to see what was needed, and as it was serviced by honda UK and they never updated it ,well shame on them,so any new Insight owner get it checked,I was aware as I'm a previous insight owner and recognized the signs,ie forced charging whilst traveling uphill, juddering etc

·
Registered
38 Posts
forced charging whilst traveling uphill
My G2 continues to do this, however my local dealer claims that the updates were done (they couldn't verify it though without me paying a hefty diagnostic fee).

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was promised all mine were done also,in fact none of them were,but as I owned. 2010 before my current one I knew that my motor needed software updates,and boy what a change- immediately mpg increase, smooth,no juddering etc,and contacted Honda Ireland to verify that my car also had a safety recall that the previous owner didn't deal with- now all good e95 in total( euros)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Please keep in mind that connecting a modern vehicle to a manufacturer's computer system requires the use of the dealer's best tech. Screwing up can fry the electronics. So yes, you are going to pay an hour of mechanic time. At a dealer in the US that is going to be over $100. (the Acura dealer quoted $225. !!!)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct only a Honda dealership can do this,and TBH what you pay for the software updates you save on MPG within a few weeks of driving,so it's a win/win situation

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All insights 09/on (2nd generation)my first insight was a Jap import, current one is a UK ( es) spec

1 - 8 of 8 Posts