Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, I found my battery was getting weaker and weaker and IMA turned on itself sometimes. Then I found there was no charge or discharge on the battery at all and IMA stays on all the time. I know I have to replace the battery.

But since I have more than 180k miles on it, I knew I have to be on my best behavior when I went to the dealer. After some debate with them, they agreed to pay for everything! If you know the problem, you will know Honda cost for this work is almost $6.5k and you have to pay more than $2k if it's out of warranty. So I am really happy.

It took them three days to order all the parts and fix my car. But they gave me a free rental (a brand new CR-V).

I just got my car back last night and did find the battery is being charged slower than before. But when I read the original problem, it says "premature IMA battery module failure. The IMA battery control module allows the battery to overcharge". So I know the new module has to charge the battery slower now.

But I think maybe it charges too slow. After about 60 mile highway driving, the battery is still about 2-3 bars short from full. I think probably I need to drive more than 100 miles to fully charge it now.

Just want to let you know so you can take care of yours before 10 year/150k miles expires on you!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update: yesterday I drove about 150 miles on the highway with a little bit traffic and found I can fully charge the new battery. So looks like the IMA system is working properly now.

But I did find a problem with the fuel gage. It shows only half full when I filled up. This may have something to do with the new computer they installed at the same time. I will check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts