Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting conflicting information from sources here and elsewhere, and companies selling grid chargers as to which side of the pre-charge resistor is the correct contact point for the positive piggyback lead for a grid charger. Most people and companies are saying it's A, but one company is adamant that its B. Want to make sure I do this right but frustrated at lack of consistency and complete information on WHY to use A or B. Any help appreciated.

I would post an image but my post count isn't high enough.

A would be the contact point closest to the front of the car and B to the rear.

Thanx Very much! :)

·
Administrator
10,719 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx very much for the quick reply Peter! Can you think of any reason why a company (maxx-volts) would say to use the other contact point? What is the reason for using A over B? Thanx again!

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
This would not be the first time MaxxVolts has done something incorrectly.

Sam

·
Registered
28 Posts
I attempted to provide succinct directions for maxx amp in below post as the directions suck. I had hoped it would become a manufactured area post to save people agony.
I installed a maxx amp and used it twice from dead pack. Seems to work great.

It does appear that my references and I used the contradictory side of the resistor, so now at this later date I am not sure what the story is.

https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-issues/120773-how-i-installed-maxx-volt-charger-gen1.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts