Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The :evil: IMA light come on yesterday. There has been no change in performance, battery charging, or mileage. I have never had a recal. I'll find out Monday what the problem is. Hopefully it's nothing major.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was code P1447, "Battery deterioration". Needs battery module($2,771.52) and BCM($1,555.32) :cry: I was told to contact the service advisor at Hagerstown Honda to see if Honda would help out with the cost. I called and he is going to call me back. I guess I will be getting on the overtime list at work :(

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hagerstown Honda called today and informed me that Honda would cover the entire cost of my battery module and BCM replacement. They recieved an email that Honda is increasing the warranty to 10 years/150,000 miles on certain 2002 to 2004 models. This is for the 43 states not already covered by the extended warranty. WOW, I just saved $4,700 :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had the battery module and BCM replaced this morning. Took a little over four hours. 79.1 mpg for the 32 mile trip home from Honda when I struggle sometimes to get 70 mpg. So far so good. I hope the ride to work tomorrow where I normally get mid 70's will be even better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts